Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:24 PM   #1

Can anybody recommend one? Thanks
Aquarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:56 PM   #2

I don't know anything about the 700. I have read a little bit about it. But on eBay there are several different wide-angle lenses available. Maybe someone else has had some experience with one.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search...amp;category0=
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 8:25 AM   #3

I have a Fuji Finepix .8 Wideangle Conversion Lens. I paid $200 for that additional 20% image. But the image quality is comparable to the original lens, and is worth that to me. This is a comparison between the camera set at wide angle and with the Conversion Lens screwed on with the same wide angle camera setting. One drawback with the lens is its size. Its quite large and makes the built-in flash inoperable since part of the lens actually covers the flash. Any pics have a large dark semi circular shadow in the lower center. But aside from that Id recommend this lens. I have tried the cheap ones from ebay and they are worse than nothiing. I have posted comparison shots in the S700 thread here and would say they are just junk. This is a Fuji lens made for a Fuji camera.
Attached Images

Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:00 AM   #4

I suppose we all have to evaluate the value of these lenses. Yes, I can see the difference between the two images, but (in my opinion) the difference isn't worth $200.
jphess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:38 AM   #5

I like to do interior photography of churches and special buildings. Every bit of image I can squeeze in is worth it to me. But I can certainly see your point. What the hay, its only money which is always replaceable.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2008, 5:51 PM   #6

So is 'Fuji Finepix .8 Wideangle Conversion Lens' the definitive one?

I'd like a wide angle lens for mine.

Something else I'vce noticed too....I've just bought a Panasonic Lumix TZ5, mainly for the HD fillming capabilities.It takes excellent pictures also, but the image seems a bit slimmer on the Lumix, is the Fuji known for slightly 'fat' images?

Lordy08 is offline   Reply With Quote