Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 22, 2008, 9:21 PM   #1

Not excatly sure how to explain this....but I take a picture and it shoots it then the camera just freezes....the picture is on the view finder or visible in the eye piece. It just stays there. I can't turn the camera off. The only way I can is to take the batteries out.

This has happened 3 times. It then seems to start working about 5 hours later, good as can be.

The first 2 times was early morning and the air was damp. I thought maybe that was the case that it got dew or something....but this weekend I was taking pictures outside, mid day, rather warm but I have shot in much hotter temps. It was maybe mid 80's. I was using the eye piece. I was a wee bit warm but not sweating.\

Any ideas? I changed cards thinking maybe I had a bad card. But it still locked up on the new card. It almost seems like maybe a bad spot on the sensor or something. I think of a car starter....has a bad spot but if you click it enough you can finally get an old car started....(Had and old car in college!)

Anyway any help would be great!
spinning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2008, 9:43 PM   #2

Not an expert but it sounds like your CCD or sensor is bad sort like sorted out. I had this happen to oine of my old Olympus camera years ago when the lense element got distacted insidfe the camera which caused it to scratch the CCD chip.

If it is under warrenty you should try to get it replaced.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2008, 10:17 AM   #3

It is no longer under warrenty. The camear is about 11/2 old maybe a little older. I know it is the second summer. I think I bought it in the spring.

Is this something expensive to fix? Will it get worse?
Old Aug 26, 2008, 9:34 PM   #4

spin,

What happened just before the camera froze up the first time? Did you put freshly charged batteries in? Different batteries? Might you have reversed polarity on one of the batteries? Did you drop the camera? Get it wet?

I've never experienced your problem, but it sounds like a short...maybe in the power switch. A bad ground connection could make a camera do wierd things.

I doubt that it is related to your sensor. It might not be that expensive a fix. You might try taking it to a local camera shop for an estimate.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2008, 2:54 PM   #5

Hi,

The first time it happend the camera was splashed. Not bad but some big drops. Plus I had been using it for at least 2 hours in the heat.

The camera hasn't been dropped or at least I didn't know it. The batteries are usually the same rechargeables.