Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 6, 2009, 4:29 AM   #11

I don't transfer the pictures from camera with received soft; I simply move them from the card, as the raw remains as it was captured. Otherwise for sharpness, quality, etc I used the middle selections, as they are presetting in the camera.
Indeed, for a blur of 0,5 in Photoshop the strange pixels distributions disappears and the pictures becomes OK. The auto is fine when you are a little in hurry, and want a fast shoot, but it's true, this function remains only for design.
I don't know, but for a camera so recommended, I believed that post processing is just optional :?:.
Anyway, in the beginning I thought that my camera is special (in the wrong direction) or my eyes saw only bugs :evil:, but this is the truth.

Thank You for your support.
nepmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 4:29 AM   #12

I don't transfer the pictures from camera with received soft; I simply move them from the card, as the raw remains as it was captured. Otherwise for sharpness, quality, etc I used the middle selections, as they are presetting in the camera.
Indeed, for a blur of 0,5 in Photoshop the strange pixels distributions disappears and the pictures becomes OK. The auto is fine when you are a little in hurry, and want a fast shoot, but it's true, this function remains only for design.
I don't know, but for a camera so recommended, I believed that post processing is just optional :?:.
Anyway, in the beginning I thought that my camera is special (in the wrong direction) or my eyes saw only bugs :evil:, but this is the truth.

Thank You for your support.
:idea::idea:
Old Feb 6, 2009, 5:18 PM   #13

I suppose that as I said, the camera is very powerful, and they pushed a bit hard, trying to keep the price down below DSLR + lenses of the same zoom range etc. I like it because of the versatility, and I guess I pay the price in IQ.

Although I really enjoy P/P, I just select my shots and don't P/P everything. Many shots get away with it, because of the nature of the shots, anyway. You don't notice the noise in many shots.

Nick
OldNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:20 AM   #14

Default 1 year update

Hello Again,
After 1 year with it, I learned how to manage the settings as the images goes almost without any CA and PF. The secret is about that never shoot on Auto. You must adapt all the time the settings for your specific shoots... and an extension flash is required for indoor operation.

All The best
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:01 AM   #15

nepmis-

All very good points. Thanks for giving us an update at the 1 year mark.

Have a great day.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote