Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:04 PM   #1
lac

Default SHIFT key function on S602

Hi all,
Can anyone clarify how to use this fuction to me.

When I press the shift key, the menu pops up, but I can only access the Quality submenu with the OK button.

I can seem to get to the other submenus further down - tried the down arrow - no luck.

Any advice with composing good multi exposure photos. I can do this quite easily with the old manual film SLR I have, but tried it on the 602, keep getting dark results...I am new at this digital thing.

thanks in advance.
Quyen.
lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 8, 2003, 10:43 PM   #2
djb

i know this may sound dumb but, did you use the arrow keys around the ok button t o move to different selections? another dunb question is: have you thoroughly read the manual. p21 explains (not so clearly to me) the shift button and also references pages for some of the functions. page 55 explains the multi-exposure usage for the camera. i haven't used these functions so i can't say much about them.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2003, 1:24 AM   #3
lac

Hi Dennis,
As far as I know - the only arrow "buttons" are those around the "OK" button. I tried to navigate down this menu - and it won't go. I don't know if you need to use some other technique to get to it.

I read that section 3 times...and I'm no better off....hence I'm hoping an owner's view might offer more clarification to me.

I know how multi-exposure works (that should be : I know how to get it to capture multi-exposure pics). I just can't get good results as I could with the "old fashion" camera....

Quyen.
Old Oct 9, 2003, 7:26 PM   #4
lac

Hi Dennis,
I figured it out. I found the review on the S602 on DPReview.com and their explanations were far more useful regarding how to actually use the SHIFT menu.

Just FYI for any other new 602 owners out there...

With the shift, you don't "navigate through the menu as I was trying to do, but rather the button is used in conjunction with other function keys to adjust what every functions required.

eg SHIFT + exposure button + command dial.

thanks anyway.

Quyen.