Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:50 PM   #11

Hi

Still looking. I wish I would have keep that link. It was in a UK

website. If I find it I wiill post

Len
ATCLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 3:48 PM   #12

Try this link - it gives a reason for the doubling of the number of pixels - see the section underneath the diagram of the sensor:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujis2pro/

programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 7:00 PM   #13

Hi

This Super CCD camera does not use interpolated on there CCD on this cam.

I also read that was the full CCD size being used in the RAW setting. I would

think it would be a 22.2 mp CCD If it was using interpolated . It is a true Super CCD

honeycone setup . The only thing I read was it is a 12mp camera w/ 11.1 effective

pixel. Not sure if that is true or not. Fujifilim Dont say much. You almost have to try to

read between the lines. Plus you might be right.....

len
ATCLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:18 AM   #14

Hi,
Just been trying to open some RAF files off my s100fs but it won't open? any tips on how you set this up as i have been trying to open them in CS2 but no joy and i hate the Fuji software
JethroTull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 10:40 AM   #15
Administrator

The S100fs wasn't added to Adobe Camera Raw until version 4.4.1 (which is not compatible with CS2). The last version of Adobe Camera Raw available for CS2 was version 3.7, released in February 2007 (and it does not include support for this newer Fuji Camera).

If you want to use CS2, you'll need to convert the files to .dng format first using the Adobe DNG converter. Then, convert the DNG files using Adobe Camera Raw under CS2. IOW, you'd have a two step conversion process.

If you want direct support for raw files from the S100fs, you'll need to upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop that can take advantage of cameras added in newer versions of the Adobe Camera Raw plugin.

If you don't want to upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop, and want to go through the trouble of converting your raw files to DNG format first, so you can convert to a usable image format using CS2, you'll find links to the latest version (currently 5.4) of Adobe's free DNG Converter on this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/index.html

Then, you should be able to open the DNG files using CS2 with the Camera Raw plugin you already have for it.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:19 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
The S100fs wasn't added to Adobe Camera Raw until version 4.4.1 (which is not compatible with CS2). The last version of Adobe Camera Raw available for CS2 was version 3.7, released in February 2007 (and it does not include support for this newer Fuji Camera).

If you want to use CS2, you'll need to convert the files to .dng format first using the Adobe DNG converter. Then, convert the DNG files using Adobe Camera Raw under CS2. IOW, you'd have a two step conversion process.

If you want direct support for raw files from the S100fs, you'll need to upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop that can take advantage of cameras added in newer versions of the Adobe Camera Raw plugin.

If you don't want to upgrade to a newer version of Photoshop, and want to go through the trouble of converting your raw files to DNG format first, so you can convert to a usable image format using CS2, you'll find links to the latest version (currently 5.4) of Adobe's free DNG Converter on this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/index.html

Then, you should be able to open the DNG files using CS2 with the Camera Raw plugin you already have for it.
Thanks Jim,
I have added the Adobe Camera Raw plugin 4.6 to my Adobe Elements 6 and it works fine! I can now convert Fuji RAF files and edit.
many thanks for your help
Cheers
Brian
JethroTull is offline   Reply With Quote