Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 24, 2008, 12:11 PM   #11

Auto mode should select an ISO high enough to produce a satisfactory exposure, not always the highest possible. I don't know why you can't get acceptable pics above ISO 100. My camera takes great pics up to and including ISO 400, and ISO 800 is good as long as I don't try to crop or enlarge too much. You could have a defective camera. You may have changed an internal setting without realizing it - have you tried resetting everything to default modes?

Also, if you get a chance, post a few pics you've taken in AUTO, as well as ones you've taken in M, with ISO higher than 100 - I'd like to see the noise.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:21 PM   #12

Hi Rinn.

as im new here, im looking around...not sure yet how to put up a pic. dam newbie:?

but i have a link here with a few of my best photos in aperture mode, i dont have any in auto cause i delete them. but tomorrow i can take a few and post them if you like. and yes i set the camera to default a few times but still the same. im happy enough with the manual mode...but times i needed a quick photo of a bird or something..auto is not the way to go for me. anyways rinn have alook and see what you think.

http://picasaweb.google.com/Mickyjoe2010pics

Thanks again rinn
Mickyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 3:57 PM   #13

You've got some nice pics up there, Mick. Unfortunately, I can only see the EXIF info posted to the site (which is very limited). If you post the pics here, I'll be able to see it all - and that may give me a clue as to your problems. To post a pic here, go to the reply window, and down near the bottom, you'll see a slot with 'Browse' next to it. Use that to locate the pic you want to post, and select it. Post one without any PP, except for re-sizing, so the site will accept it - 250400 bytes, max.

the Hun

Old Dec 24, 2008, 5:06 PM   #14

i found this one rinn. this one was taken the other day...this is just an example of what the camera does.

Attached Images

Old Dec 24, 2008, 5:26 PM   #15

Wow that is poor. Looks like high ISO to me too. When my 6500fd shoots an overexposed one it looks to me like wide aperture. Your shot is different, can you post some not so zoomed shots in bright daylight ?
Martin
mr.sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 5:33 PM   #16

That's pretty nasty, Mick. Unfortunately, you somehow posted it as an attachment, and there is zero EXIF information attached. Can you post it so that it shows in the post?

the Hun

Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:07 PM   #17

forgive me but, not sure how to copy pic to post..i just managed to find how to attach it:O

i do have a pic that i just took in auto mode in the house and it chose ISO 1600. ive also used other camera in same position/conditions...and it chose ISO 200. im trying to figure how to post pic...pasteing isnt the way cause i tried it.:?
Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:13 PM   #18

See mr. sneezy's pics? That's what you need to do. Oh...that's the problem..

Click on 'Reply'
Click on 'Browse'
Find the pic you want to post on your HD.
Click on it.
Click on send.

That's all there is to it!

the Hun

Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:20 PM   #19

i done this the last time rinn...i dont think its what you want. but i do it again. its taken at my freinds...auto..ISO1600.
Attached Images

Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:42 PM   #20

I just had to try this...

the Hun

Attached Images