Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:43 PM   #21

I don't understand...
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 6:54 PM   #22

ok how you do that. omg. all i see in front of me in reply box...cut/copy/paste...and the browse box below.

i browse my pc for photo...find it..send it. i done that but not the way you have done, so what am i doing wrong?
Mickyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2008, 7:13 PM   #23

The file size should not exceed 250400 bytes

This is what you should see...there is no 'cut/copy/paste'...at least not in my browser window.

Click on 'Browse', find your file, select it.

Click on 'Preview'. Does it show up in the preview window?

Click on 'Send'

Should work.

the Hun

Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:18 PM   #24

Rinn.

i cant do what you say..i dont seem to have an option to put photo on post. all i get is a link to it.

heres a snip from my browser..from what you say you dont have cut/copy/paste on yours. ive even tried pasteing the photo but no good.

Attached Images

Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:25 PM   #25

ok last time rinn.

Attached Images

Old Dec 24, 2008, 8:39 PM   #26

Well Mick, now that we've gotten over that hurdle...

The pic shows up, but there is no EXIF data in it. Whatever software you're using to re-size or post process it is stripping the EXIF info from the pic.

What software are you using - Picasa? Try IrfanView - it's free (and doesn't strip the EXIF).

the Hun

Old Dec 24, 2008, 11:01 PM   #27

ok rinn.

ive downloaded infra...but i need to install EXIF reader or something. would i need to do that or you have it already?

but in the mean time here it is.

Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2008, 7:28 AM   #28

Mick,

No need to download anything else - that worked fine. Without flash, and in AUTO mode, your camera opened your aperture to f2.8 and set your ISO to 1600, in order to give you a chance of a properly exposed and blur-free photo - and your camera still gave you a blur warning. 1/40 second exposure was used for that shot, so you did a pretty good job of holding still, as the pic is pretty sharp. I tried my camera with a similar shot in my house, and in AUTO mode, my camera set itself to ISO 1600, f2.8, and 1/15 second. I didn't do as good a job holding still. I guess my living room is darker than your friend's. In most houses, there just isn't enough available light to take decent pictures without flash. You might try re-taking your shot with the camera on a tripod, in 'P' mode, with the ISO set to 400 or even 200. You'll probably wind up with a shutter speed of 1/4 or 1/2 sec, but with the camera on a tripod, that won't matter...unless you have a moving subject, then it will blur.

Now that you've got the picture uploading thing working, try a few more.

Merry Christmas.

the Hun

Old Dec 25, 2008, 2:14 PM   #29

Hi Rinn.

thanks for your help and advise its well noted. but photo was just an example of what the auto mode was doing. now..i took that in a house...but when im out photographing birds, i normaly use manual but theres times when you need auto just for something quick, its then ive noticed the high ISO setting. which isnt good cause its too much noise. this is happning in all types of weather. but pictures on my link is done in aperture mode...i have control with ISO and other settings. and they came passable and in low light conditions. i always use manual...but the need for auto is a must sometimes when you need a quick pic and no time for manual. i wont dwell on it to much as i will be getting a DSLR soon.

but overall its a fine camera..just auto...seems to like the high end of things. rinn thanks for the link to infraview....ive been using elements 5...piccasa. ohh i do have a question on raw..but that belongs somewhere else.

thanks again rinn...hope you had a good day and all the best for the new year
Old Dec 27, 2008, 6:22 PM   #30

Hi Mickyjoe, I'd still like to see one of you blownout outdoor shots to compare to mine. Preferably a wide shot so zoom blur is not going to be an extra issue.

One thing, was your camera initially fine with exposure in Auto (mine was) ?

I have a niggling thought that the firmware may have a bug. If it's accidentally over-written a parameter that is usually fixed, then a Reset won't repair it. It may need the firmware reloaded or updated.

Martin
mr.sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote