Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 22, 2008, 10:12 PM   #1

Hi Everyone,

Jist got my new S100fs friday. I had a pentax K10D and alot of lens. Just to much to work with and lug around. Wanted something more compack.. So far so good will post some pics soon.
ATCLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2008, 6:55 PM   #2

Can't wait to see them.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 2:40 PM   #3

Hi, your shoulders will thank you for the lack of weight strapped to them!,:G.

I've recently bought the s100fs as well and am very happy with it. It does take a bit of getting used, but it's a nice cam. Good luck with it and lets see those shots!

regards

woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2008, 5:50 PM   #4

woody,

Do you also own a DSLR?

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2008, 4:27 PM   #5

No Rinnie, though in the days of film I did. It's just the amount of gear many DSLR users seem to carry about with them. Even being a heavyish bridge, the s100 is still light by comparison, lol.

woody
ukwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2008, 10:17 PM   #6

Hi, I've been working some long hours. Havn't had a chance to shot any. I was playing around with the shutter speed and low light. Took this shot.

Its a wooden rose on a black tee shrit. Had to take a pic of something , Late night play . Why my wife was sleeping. LOL

Len
Old Dec 3, 2008, 1:57 PM   #7

Might you be able to upload a RAW file (or three) to yousendit.com and post the link?

Thanks!
themacguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 4:55 PM   #8

Congrats on your S100fs i also had the S100FS also i have the 450D but i sold the fuji and i bought the new Tamron 18-270 VC lens for my dslr, you know i really regret selling the S100fs it was one heck of a camera, now i am thinking of buying another S100fs but i heard that fuji will be releasing their new cameras with their new sensor does anybody have any information on this where i can read up on it? thanks
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2008, 7:46 PM   #9

Thanks !! I've seen the new chip. I don't think it is time for the new camera's yet a few months away. If they do come out with a new one and it looks better I'll sale mine and upgrade. ( I love ebay ) I got a real good deal after rebate under 500 . the weather has been sobad I haven't had a chance to get out and shoot. The rain finally stopped and the sun is out. Still learning the does and dont's. It has been fun so far. After going to a few Electronics store and looking at the new models and how they are bulit. The S100fs is very impressive. Soon as I can get out and do some shooting I'll post some pic's. The prices are dropping it would be a good time to buy. I think the prices will go back up after X-mas.

Thanks again , Len

Old Dec 8, 2008, 1:24 PM   #10

Its likely that we will not see the new Fuji XRS chip until just before the Photokina trade show. In their press release Fuji mentions positioning the XRS chip in a premium camera, so the S-100fs is a logical placement.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote