Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 31, 2003, 4:56 AM   #11

Default New RAW software for S5000

Yestersay i received an answer of my question from fuji netherlands.
I asked: Is the S5000 compatible with de adobe digital camera RAW plugin.
Unfortunanely it is'nt That's what Kees Valk told me but there's also good news. Fuji will launch a new software tool for the S5000; S7000 and the S700. This software is based on the possibilities of the S2. It's released about 6 weeks. You have to buy it by a Fujifilm digital dealer.

Original answer:

De RAW plugin van Adobe Photoshop is niet te gebruiken voor de S5000
De RAW files van de S7000, S5000 en de F700 kunnen omgezet worden naar TIFF mbv de light versie van de RAW file converter die gratis bijgeleverd is bij de camera. Tevens komt over ongeveer 1 a 1,5 maand de "hyper utility software HS-V" uit die nu alle mogelijkheden van de RAW file conversie van de s2 pro beschikbaar maakt voor de S7000, S5000 en de F700.

Deze software is dan te koop bij de Fujifilm Digitale dealers. Zie voor adressen onze website www.fujifilm.nl via Digital Dealers.
EirraH2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2003, 10:00 AM   #12

I know about the new software, but that's only to process your RAW files. While it is good news, it will cost money, which sucks, so that's bad news.

I want my manual focus bar :x
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 1, 2003, 4:06 PM   #13

The question of firmware upgrades came up many times with Fuji's 602. It really only got as far as everybody adding to a wish list - which Fuji didn't seem to read when they launched the 5000/7000. In fact some of the features in the 602 were removed or derated on the newer cameras.

I think the lobby with Fuji is to get their mindset around firmware upgradeability as something customers want, which it isn't at the moment. How high is firmware upgrade on your wish list? If you were buying competitor models with this feature, then Fuji might wake up. Alternatively, we should be slagging the usability features as poor product design (instead of accepting them and politely asking for a modification route) and customers buying their cameras would by less satisfied knowing there was nothing anybody could do about it! They probably see product life as 12-18 months and plenty of people with cash to buy a new camera and feel good about it afterwards! VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2003, 2:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomideas
I want longer shutter speed!! Is it possible through a firmware?
Yep... 2sec SUCKS! 10sec or even 6sec would be more
usefull!
weldwire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 7:39 AM   #15

I'd very much wish for...

1. the option of not retracting the lens when the camera auto off
2. press shutter (or any) button to wake it up
3. press certain button to switch over quickly to play mode
4. improved sharpening algorithm
KW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2003, 12:14 PM   #16

why doesn't someone prepare a letter that we can all send.
kind of a copy and paste type thing..

I'd do it but im horrible at letter writing!
flashpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2003, 4:09 PM   #17

Default Re: Write Fuji about S5000

Why not make a list with all our requests, and send it to Fuji?
Of course for it to be any valid, it would have to mention all our true names on it and maybe our cameras serial numbers on it.
That way Fuji can see that it's not just one or two users that request for some improvements, not that I'm complaining about the S5000, but I could use some of the improvements you guys mentioned.

We could email the users on http://www.majgaj.com/s5000/ and see if they wanna join, there's 81 users so far, that would have to make them think, right?

With that being said I really like the camera very much but there's a few things I'd like to see improved, like:
- Less JPEG compression
- Longer shutter time
- Raw files in 3M mode, don't know if it's possible.

Regards
Fernando
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:10 AM   #18

I'm in.

Who's in charge of making the demands and the list?
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:03 AM   #19

Not that I'm wanting to pass the responsability to others but, I'm not the best one for it since I'm Portuguese and my English is not good enough to send a letter to Fuji, but if no one else wants to do it I'll do it, I just need to know who's in, is not enough doing something like this with just two or three persons.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 7:23 AM   #20

Count me in.
KW2003 is offline   Reply With Quote