Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 17, 2003, 11:23 AM   #21

I'm in. And I'd like to add noise-reduction and soft. stabilizing too.
And sorry for my English - I'm russian.
Klyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 2:27 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klyak
Russian in Buenos Aires? Sweet...

So far it seems that none of us in from UK/USA. That shouldn't present any problem though. An open letter could be written easily.
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2003, 3:53 PM   #23

I wont be in US for long but I have bought it here. And am ready to do what ever u guys feel right.
randomideas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2003, 3:35 AM   #24

Hi all,

I emailed Artur Gajewski administrator of http://www.majgaj.com/s5000/ and he is being very helpful on this matter, heís gonna make a form for people to fill with fields like Name, Country, Suggestions, etc. Please keep an eye at his site for the form, itís not done yet but when it is Iíll post informing you guys.

Now what do you guys think would be the better way to send this to Fuji? Email or mail letter?

Rgds
Fernando
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2003, 6:06 AM   #25
atg

Everybody who would like to contribute in this project please go to http://s5000.vze.com and click on the link in the menu in red that says "Petition"

Your entered information will be saved and later sent to Fujifilm in either Email or snail mail.

Thank you for your contribution in this matter!
atg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 12:06 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klyak
hehe. I'm too...
Lyrics... On business: I have subscribed in petition on www.majgaj.com/s5000/

I of 287-th!

We wait? That? - whom?
KuZia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2004, 4:52 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by atg
Everybody who would like to contribute in this project please go to http://s5000.vze.com and click on the link in the menu in red that says "Petition"

Your entered information will be saved and later sent to Fujifilm in either Email or snail mail.

Thank you for your contribution in this matter!
As a S7000 owner, I am very happy with my camera, but as with all things, nothing is perfect, and less compression on the jpgs would be a smart move for Fuji to make in the S5000-S7000 series. Firmware updates are extremely important in hardware nowadays, since it allows the company that made the product to improve it, correct problems, and to re-assure the customer that they care about them AFTER the sale. Considering that Fuji is starting to become a serious contender in this field, I expect that firmware upgrades will be coming along shortly. Putting pressure on them is a good idea, and regardless of what they say in their email replies, I bet they are taking this more serious then we might think. I'll join the crusade. We have everything to gain and nothing to lose for trying.
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2004, 5:56 AM   #28

I think when Fuji get a link to the form site and if it can put up a hit counter, they might show interest!

Reviews can never be perfect on the first look. But why can't reviews carry an appendix which collects more in depth user experience after product launch, and preferably validates any criticisms? It would sort of close the loop. You have to be careful with criticism. I'm not suggesting all the previous comments are untrue, but sometimes inexperienced users say things are wrong when they aren't and manufacturers may be sceptical about the validity of user feedback.

So I'd like to see reviewers with some credibility with manufacturers, appending to their reviews, follow up issues which perhaps were not always obvious first time round. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2004, 3:01 PM   #29

I'd say that if the s5000 forum will get around 1.000 users, and we manage to send that petition, Fuji will certainly be more careful with its future products.
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2004, 2:52 PM   #30

Can S7000 owners sign up too?
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote