Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 18, 2004, 3:50 PM   #31

Sure thing, but I'm afraid the discussions will be mostly about s5000, since 332 users are all s5k owners

You can always get a s5k camera as a backup for your s7k It's lighter and has more zoom
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 10:35 AM   #32

Well, I don't think Fuji will bother from complains of S5000 users. It would require from them to accept their mistakes.
Playing with RAW showed me, that software matches hardware - there are very little (if exists) of potential to open.
It's a cheap overpositioned camera - I think they was ready to all that complains. The whole idea was - SLR looking LIKE camera. What have you expected?
Klyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 11:28 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klyak
Well, I don't think Fuji will bother from complains of S5000 users. It would require from them to accept their mistakes.
Playing with RAW showed me, that software matches hardware - there are very little (if exists) of potential to open.
It's a cheap overpositioned camera - I think they was ready to all that complains. The whole idea was - SLR looking LIKE camera. What have you expected?
BigMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2004, 12:46 PM   #34

[quote="BigMike"]
Quote:
The S5000 takes excellent pictures, and is very well contructed. I have seen many superb shots with the S5000, and the camera is highly rated by most pro-review sites, and S5000 owners. I have no idea where your coming from with those statements, but tact is obviously not one of your better qualities.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 10:58 AM   #35

Quote:
excellent pictures
superb shots
highly rated
I'm a bit tired read frases like this. I'm a bit tired of users, that prefer rubber grip or SLR-like look to a quality of picture.
And I'm surely have no tact at all.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 11:25 AM   #36

Quote:
Quote:
excellent pictures
superb shots
highly rated
I'm a bit tired read frases like this. I'm a bit tired of users, that prefer rubber grip or SLR-like look to a quality of picture.
I am not sure what you are saying. Is it that the S5000 does not take superb shots or excellent pictures in your opinion? if so exactly what is your opinion of the camera?
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2004, 2:07 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by zace27
Quote:
Quote:
excellent pictures
superb shots
highly rated
I am not sure what you are saying. Is it that the S5000 does not take superb shots or excellent pictures in your opion? if so exactly what is your opion of the camera?
I could be wrong zace, but I think he hates cameras that look like SLRs, but are not one. A little therapy could clear that right up!Okay, just a little joke

He doesn't like the S5000 hardware, he doesn't like the S5000 software, he doesn't like the pictures the S5000 takes, and he doesn't like the S5000 having an SLR style. Other than that, he's okay with it I think he's just a basher zace, of which I notice there are many floating around different fuji forums lately. Maybe he just had a bad experience with a Fuji camera, and can't get over it.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 4:12 PM   #38

I agree BigMike. But what is interesting is that his/her sig says S5000 user. So I cant understand why he/she has such a big problem. I have seen many pics from the camera and I am love them. So I wonder where does Klyak get their info from. It simply cant be from the owners, the reviews, the pictures that have been posted. I am at a loss. :?
zace27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2004, 5:54 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by zace27
I agree BigMike. But what is interesting is that his/her sig says S5000 user. So I cant understand why he/she has such a big problem. I have seen many pics from the camera and I am love them. So I wonder where does Klyak get their info from. It simply cant be from the owners, the reviews, the pictures that have been posted. I am at a loss. :?
I get it now. I went back over his past posting history, and he bought a S5000 months ago. From what he was saying back right after he bought it, he didn't like the lens, he didn't like the fact it didn't have anti-shake, he didn't like the noise, he didn't like the movies it took, and so on. He just flat out didn't like the camera. It sounds like he didn't have a good experience with the camera, for whatever reason, but he does need to understand that just because he didn't get the results he wanted, doesn't mean that other S5000 owners can't. We've all seen what the S5000 is capable of in the hands of a user that appreciates and understand its abilities. I quess he doesn't like people approving of something that he doesn't. Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Old Jan 23, 2004, 8:44 PM   #40

What a psycoanalisys for free!!!
I thought I expressed myself - I owned Minolta Dimage 5. For $500.
I changed to S5000 - for the same price. It's a lot of a downgrade for me (with all battery problems of Minolta). In image quality.
A 10 years ago I used to be some kind of a photografer for a couple of years(I had 5th level from 8 - standard professional qualification in Russia) - a simple work for weddings etc... Cameras like Zenit TTL, Kiev 19... Lens like Industar ...
2 years ago I've started almost from 0 with digital cameras. It was a shock of what I got for the same money - for $500 I would buy a really good camera with lens, flash, tripod and bag.
After a Olympus 400D (I threw like 60% pics) I changed immidiately to Dimage 5 (25% of overexposed or so). It was acceptable (for personal use).
Then I red review of FinePix S602 - that it was a bit better match for my need (I never needed more, than 3 MP).
And some evil force made me believe, that new S5000 would have a good dynamic range and more potential flash.
Well, I wrote my own RAW converter for S5000 to study hardware for myself, before signing to that petition.
That camera - a big step back. For 50% of pics I can't help nor with PhotoShop nor with Neat Image. (I tend to wide-angle compositions).
Every cheap camera can do good close-up pics. Even Oly 400D could do it. You can see you face quite recognizoble for all who knows you.
Thing is - in the composition of you and waterfall - people can recognize only the last one for sure.
This is where you can see quality of a camera. It's not important how exactly camera eats details - JPEG artifacts, noise or else. If I can't magnify image without being scared - it's a bad camera, no matter how it looks or features it has.