Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 27, 2009, 9:34 PM   #1

A question to the more Fuji experienced members.

I still have some intermittent issues with huge over exposure in outdoor shots with my Fuji (in every mode when it happens). The problem vanishes with as little warning as it arrives too. I have noticed from web searches that a number of Fuji models have the same fault described by a few owners.

Is this fault actually happening to many people that you know of, or have I just concluded that might be the case from too few reports ?

I wonder if the aperture iris is getting stuck partly open at times...

Martin
mr.sneezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2009, 7:43 PM   #2

Had this problem today with my S9000. Operating in Program mode, 400 sensitivity setting, indoors and out, my photos were badly overexposed. This happened even when the subject was neutral gray flooring and display stands shot as a test.

Have not had this problem before with the camera. Will have to do some more testing.

Bob
nj10user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2009, 7:45 PM   #3

I've sent my S9000 to Fuji repair in NJ for the overexposure problem. They received it on 2/10, I had an estimate by 2/14.. we'll see when it comes back. Total of $170 including tax and shipping.

Will report on success when it returns.

Bob
Old Feb 23, 2009, 9:20 AM   #4

Hi nj10user

Have you got your S9000 back?

Got any update for us?

Thanks
123Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2009, 7:30 PM   #5

Got my S9000 back today from Fuji. Repair cost incl. postage was $170, plus the $9 I spent to send it to them.

It was cloudy today, so I couldn't test bright light exposure, but I made some indoor and outdoor shots and all seemed ok. I'll test further if the sun shines tomorrow.

Oddly enough, I had a chance to buy a S9100 this past weekend for $200; isn't that always the way it goes??

The repair slip only mentions lens and complete check... I wonder if they replaced the control wheel shaft that I had already repaired myself.

I will post again after more testing.
Bob
Old May 9, 2009, 9:04 PM   #6

Have had a chance to use the repaired camera. Exposure is ok, but.... now the only way I can get proper color is to do a custom color balance when I shoot. The Auto Balance setting is useless... much too red.

I don't want to spend the postage to send it back, and I don't want to hassle with them over the fact that they caused the problem... I had no color balance problem when I sent it in.

Oh well.... I wonder when "win some" starts??

Bob