Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 2, 2009, 9:47 PM   #1

I have a few comments: I had a s1000fd and got rid of it while i had the 15 day return thing going. I grabbed this s2000hd. I have noticed a ccd smear of blue hue when aiming at bright lights but dissapears after i take the shot. Battery life is very short so grab some lithiums. HD video recording is okay but it does carry over that blue hue I was talking about. I also have a xacti hd1000 that does good video but terrible pictures. The flash is too bright but if you put it on sp and choose people, then it comes out really nice. Other than that, its pretty good camera.

What my real question is: If you wanted a nice camera, why did you settle for this one (if you bought one)?

My answer to this question-I am a happy owner of a fujifilm s3800. I thought it to be a good bridge camera for dslr's but wasnt too ready for it. So I decided to try a fz28 panasonic or a canon powershot sx10. I was not ready to spend 330 dollars. I went to circuit city thinking that they must of dropped the price even further but no. Liquidation was still way high and prices at fry's electronics was cheaper. Even amazon was cheaper. I ran into the s2000hd and read a few reviews. I purchased this item for 180 out the door and new. When comparing the other pictures to the ones I take, I notice they all have flaws. I figured this is a good bridge camera and pretty happy with it.

b.t.w. sorry for the bad grammar, I did not feel well enough to proof it. Im busy looking at stuff and more comments on this camera. thanks!

here is a cactus shot!

Attached Images

Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 19, 2009, 2:30 AM   #2

I been debating if I should keep this camera or wait for the super ccd exr.

You know what I noticed? the auto mode, well most of the modes are pretty bad at detecting scenes.

I've been taking pictures with the s2000hd and most come out grainy, oversaturated, well it has problems.

Recently, I started using the program AE or p setting. I force flash at night, force iso 100, and I can increase sharpness. My pictures are actually more pleasant to view. I had this camera at amazon for sale and just took it down.

The s2000hd has a horrible auto mode, some of the sp settings are fine. But this product shines in the program ae and manual modes. I just thought I throw this in here since I havent read much on user opinions of this product.

I almost purchased a s100fs but I think i'll wait until the new super ccd exr fujifilm line comes out.

I recently took a look at the canon and panasonic line of cameras. I seen samples and for some reason, I just don't like the colors. They look boring. Fujifilm makes cameras with vibrant colors like nikon quality but of course its not nikon. I think they fumbled the ball after the s6000fd

I am still amazed the s100fd has problems with CA. Unbuleavable! This is my main reason why I'm skipping this model. I'm ready to upgrade to a dslr but I been behind fuji since they sold film back in the old days.

Laters.
Old May 8, 2009, 2:47 PM   #3

I'm adding a bit more info here just for the newcommers.

I pulled this out of amazon where I had originally put a small review.

'If you are a beginner, do not use auto mode. Use the SP mode and select the correct scene. I found if I used flash in auto, the flash supersaturated the scene with light. It has a way powerfull flash. If you use the sp mode with the correct scene, the picutres come out perfect. Auto mode is terrible. It loves high iso for non flash at nights and even at night with flash it uses high iso.

The sweet spot of this camera is program ae or P mode. Use sharp image setting in menu, use multispot, compensate for blown highlights with the +- aka exposure button manually. Use iso 100 and at night use flash. This camera takes excellent pictures this route. Using program AE sounds difficult but its not. It works like automatic but you set your camera how you want it. Automatic settings don't detect scenes correct so this will help those of you who are pressed on having good, sharp, noisless pictures.

Chrome in the F button adds extra color and extra contrast. It is like a mini HDR but without it being dynamic in the spots where it counts. It is a nice feature and i tend to play with this in many of my shots. Chrome works very well and gives images an interesting look. "

I been using multimetering in photometry and sometimes compensating with the +-(aka exposure) button to reduce some high contrasts in very small occasions. At night, I use flash and multimetering on the average time. I use spot metering when I want to concentrate on my subject but it isnt good for sunny settings. Average is just average and you just get an overall look which leads to your subject looking plain and not interesting.

Last edited by Cresho; May 8, 2009 at 2:58 PM.
Old May 11, 2009, 8:04 PM   #4

I am another real camera enthusiast who has decided to pass up the Fuji S-2000 camera. Instead I purchased a Kodak Z-1012 camera at Walmart for $199.95.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2009, 12:02 PM   #5

I purchased mines for 180. I took a look at your camera and It has a interesting look. It suffers the same fate as my camera in image quality. Of course we are not going to get what we want at this price range but the reality is both these cameras have strength and weaknesses. It has fringing, chromatic aberration, Image quality is still blurry unless you go manual. It doesn't have the Fuji chrome color which enhances the color to look like HDR. I looked at lots of samples of this camera!

That sample I put up is a first time shot with auto and it really sucks. I can take sharper shots now.

I went to http://www.pixel-peeper.com/digicams/ and looked at lots of images of both these cameras. I can tell these people use automatic most of the shots or just don't spend the time to correct a few problems. They both show lots of problems. only manual or program AE will give excellent results. I managed to make my camera and made it swing and sing in this manner and with CHROME enabled, I get some of the most gorgeous shots I seen in this price range.

Last edited by Cresho; May 12, 2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old Jul 29, 2009, 7:16 AM   #6

good picture, tnx for share. and yes, Fuji can shoot superbin [relatively]manual modes. try it !! :-]
SkyShoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote