Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 7, 2009, 12:14 PM   #1

I recently bought an after market USB cable for my Fuji A210. When I connect it to my computer and camera and then turn it on, it shuts down my USB ports and nothing works that is plugged in. Does anyone have any ideas why this happens? Is it maybe a faulty cable?
XSGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2009, 9:04 AM   #2

I have heard about this happening with a couple of different Fuji models over the years. In all cases it seems like it was related to a bad USB port. I would try another cable to be sure. Also I ALWAYS recommend that people remove the memory card from the camera and use a card reader to upload their pictures to the computer and not by connecting the camera to the computer.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2009, 3:50 PM   #3

Thanks for the tip. I have a card reader, however I forget to put the card back in the camera. I guess I just have to remember. I use my camera frequently for my sales rep. position.

Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:27 PM   #4

I'd get a spare card and put it in the camera bag.That way if you leave the card in the card reader for whatever reason you always have a card with you. In fact I'd have a spare card in my camera bag for the just in case something goes wrong with the primary card and you need to chage out cards in order to keep shooting.

With the price of memory cards today a spare card doesn't cost that much. You can get an 8GB for under $50 and even lower in many cases.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2009, 10:34 PM   #5

Thanks for the tip. That is exactly what I did. I went out and bought a 1GB for under $10 which will do me just fine. Thank you for your help!