Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 10, 2009, 5:58 AM   #1

I have had my Fuju S7000 about 4 years and it has now become unusable ,all of my pictures appear blurred and in purple and green, i have tried new batteries and card but still no good. Looking on line it appears that some cameras of that year had a problem with the chip used in manufacture (ccr or something). Is it possible to repair this and would it be costly. Or should i just buy a new camera (not a Fuji ) and cut my losses.

Graham.

farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2009, 9:11 AM   #2

:evil:I have just received details from Fuji, stating that there have been no problems with Fuji finepix S7000 regarding CCD faults in this country.They would kindly repair my camera for £98.76. (it has a CCD fault} how will they repair it if it does not exsist.

The camara is 4 years old and not worth £98.76, I have informed them that i will buy a new camera (not a FUJI).

Graham.
farrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:47 AM   #3
Administrator

You started this thread in our Fujifilm dSLR Forum, which is setup for the Fujifilm dSLR models like the S1 Pro, S2 Pro, S3 Pro and S5 Pro.

We have a separate Fujifilm Forum setup for non-DSLR Fuji models like your S7000. So, I'll move this thread there so you have a better chance of getting responses from S7000 owners that may have run into the same problem.

Note that Fuji did issue a service advisory a while back about the sensors used in some of their models. You'll find it here:

Important Service Advisory: FinePix A303, F410, F700

But, I don't recall seeing one for the S7000.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2009, 11:07 PM   #4

farrell wrote:
Quote:
I have had my Fuju S7000 about 4 years and it has now become unusable ,all of my pictures appear blurred and in purple and green, i have tried new batteries and card but still no good. Looking on line it appears that some cameras of that year had a problem with the chip used in manufacture (ccr or something). Is it possible to repair this and would it be costly. Or should i just buy a new camera (not a Fuji ) and cut my losses.

Graham.

see: http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...000+repair+ccd

while this is a USA repair/replace you might use it for 'ammo'
bernabeu is offline   Reply With Quote