Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 20, 2009, 12:34 AM   #1

I was screwing around the backyard with my s2000hd and then I bumped into something in the manual settings. I was holding down a button and when i looked at the image, It was telling me the areas that where being overexposed.

I don't remember how I bumped into this setting and I was wondering if anybody has knowledge of this?!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 20, 2009, 3:45 PM   #2
Administrator

Try the +- button when reviewing an image and see if that works for your model.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 6:42 PM   #3

reviewing works fine but before a take, I had a live one and not during review. Maybee it was review but Im not sure. When I was looking at the sky, I was able to lower exposure down till the highlighted areas were gone! Then I took a picture.
Old Apr 20, 2009, 9:42 PM   #4

The ± button should work for you. It will not work in AUTO or any of the ‘scene' modes. Try it in ‘P' mode and see if it works.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2009, 10:28 PM   #5

Ya it works for preview! Ill check it out again and I'm sure I was using it live. Do I need to use a combination with of shutter button and exposure button? in P mode, i can switch to adjust the exposure with that button you mentioned but can I preview before taking a picture? Does your fuji do this or does it only work in preview mode?

My beef is I could of sworn I was using it before I took a picture to preview over exposed spots. Maybee I was previeweing pictures when I bumped into this feature?
Old Apr 21, 2009, 8:28 PM   #6

Cresho,

I don't have your camera. I have an S6000. When I have my camera set to 'P' mode, and I push the ± button, I get a live histogram. I can adjust exposure by using the 4-way controller while simultaneously holding in the ± button. Is that what you're talking about? It should work the same in your camera...since the technology exists, I can't believe Fuji would shut it off in a newer model camera.

the Hun

rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2009, 9:14 PM   #7

When I am in p mode, I can hit the +-(exposure button and I do see the histogram. But what I want to know if its possible to see the over exposed highlights marking the areas similarly during preview but in live.

You see, I was in my backyard when I was moving the camera and I saw the over exposed areas in the screen. I cant remember if i hit the shutter button halfway or used the +- button or in a combination. I had a histogram and also it highlighted the areas where it was over exposed.

That is the feature which I am reffering to. I was basically shocked because its a useful feature. at first, I thought my screen was developing dead pixles but it was highlighting over exposed areas.

I just want to know if you guys seen this feature because I cant replicate it. Only in preview.