Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 23, 2009, 6:22 PM   #1

I have had a S9600 for 18 months and it has been working perfectly. Today I went to turn it on and nothing happened. The batteries are fully charged and I have not done any software updates.

It is completely lifeless. I have tried new batteries, both alkaline and rechargeable. Any ideas what could have happened?

Thanks
misty2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 24, 2009, 9:03 PM   #2

Do you have any idea how any frames you have taken with the camera? I have heard that with some cameras after you take TONS you have to get it tuned up or it might stop working. May want to check with Fuji Tech Support and see what they have to say. Never had it happen to me. I had a Fuji S9100 and I shoot close to 50,000 with it in 18 months without any issues.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2009, 5:34 AM   #3

Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. Very light usuage actually. Probably about 2000. I have always used rechargeable batteries. Have read some posts where similar problems have occured when trying to use alkaline or other non-rechargeable but can't really see where that matters. Any other thoughts on that?

Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2009, 9:43 PM   #4

I never heard anything like that. At the time I was using my S9100 I used CTA, Duracell and Energerizer rechargeables over the course of the 18th months. Never used non rechargeables.

Check the contacts on the inside of the battery compartment and see if they are corroded.........

sorry I can't offer more help to you.

dave
Photo 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 2:23 AM   #5

misty2000 wrote:
Quote:
I have had a S9600 for 18 months and it has been working perfectly. Today I went to turn it on and nothing happened. The batteries are fully charged and I have not done any software updates.

It is completely lifeless. I have tried new batteries, both alkaline and rechargeable. Any ideas what could have happened?

Thanks
in these cases, i open up the device, check with voltmeter the output. If you have output, you know your camera is bad or the connectors are bad. If you have none, there is connectivity issue. Battery not delivering juice. Could also be the switch up on top got dislocated somehow from the board itself. There are delicate parts in there you know. I have taken apart plenty of these and slapped them back together.

I recommend you use the warranty if its worth it. If you have none, wait a week and try again. I say a week because sometimes the devices come back to life from my experience.

in the meantime, check door making sure it closes properly, check pins on the battery slots making sure they didnt get accidently smashed. put a battery in one slot at a time always keeping one in the slot, jiggle lightly and if you hear jiggly noise (make sure you dont confuse the buttons and the lense noise, then its not making contact and you can investigate with a flashlight down the hole.

Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2009, 3:14 PM   #6

Thanks for your reply. Very helpful.

Will try your suggestions and get back to you