Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Closed Thread

Old May 28, 2009, 1:04 PM   #1

Default Fujifilm F200EXR SUCKS! What is wrong?! On my birthday and all :(

Hi! I bought my Fujifilm F200EXR a couple of days ago from DigitalRev's eBay. It was cheaper then at my local dealer.
Anyways, I got it deliverd today. I ripped the package open because i was so excited. But now im just angry and really sad... Because:

**The batterycharger does not fit my socket.

**All pictures get blury - even though everyone has talked about this being one of the best compact digital cameras out there.

**Taking a picture while full-zooming is just a joke.

**The AntiShake feature SUCKS, and makes no difference at the result.

**After ive taken a picture, it takes like 10 sec to be able to manage the camera. It freeze's up.

**The menu is chockingly ugly. It looks like a ten-year-old has drawn the interface.

**There is no "Delete all pictures" - feature. I have to get them deleted one by one - and watch a incredibly ugly animation for 2 seconds before the next picture appears.

**The camera doesn't have any precise settings. I cant find the ISO settings, neither can i find anything else not managing something else than Date, Language and those kind off nonimportant settings.

**You can only focus on something in the middle of the display - it doesnt aim itself.

**Cant use the software. It says "I/O Error" immediatly as i put the camare USB in.

Thats just an oveview of stuffs that bothers me.
Here's some sample pictures, taken with ISO 1600 (Auto) and set to FINE quality:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2121/dscf0032n.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8517/dscf0019hqf.jpg

Please help me!!! Im so sad this was my birthdaypresent to myself... and this far it sucks

Sorry for gramatic errors - Sweden ftw
--
// Robert, Sweden
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2009, 7:18 PM   #2

what a coicedence, somebody posted the same thread on DPR-maybe someone should have read the directions before they posted a foolish thread.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=31985086
Old May 28, 2009, 7:50 PM   #3

Robert,

For what it's worth, here's my feelings on your post...

"My new Fujifilm F200EXR SUCKS! Why? Isn't this one of the best compacts?
Hi! I bought my Fujifilm F200EXR a couple of days ago from DigitalRev's eBay. It was cheaper then at my local dealer."

- and now you can’t return it for a refund, like you could at your local dealer. When you buy from ebay, you run the risk that your camera may be: defective; previously returned; gray market; refurbished...without warranty of any kind.

"Anyways, I got it deliverd today. I ripped the package open because i was so excited. But now im just angry and really sad... Because:"

**The batterycharger does not fit my socket.

You bought the camera out of country - did you consider the power requirements in the country of purchase?

**All pictures get blury - even though everyone has talked about this being one of the best compact digital cameras out there.

The two pictures you’ve linked to here are not the least bit blurry, therefore all pictures are not blurry.

**Taking a picture while full-zooming is just a joke.

Have to take your word on that - are you sure you’re using proper technique?

**The AntiShake feature SUCKS, and makes no difference at the result.

Have to take your word on that - are you sure you have the camera set properly?

**After ive taken a picture, it takes like 10 sec to be able to manage the camera. It freeze's up.

Should only take around 2 seconds between pics...with flash, could be up around 8 seconds. Perhaps your camera is defective. Did you bother charging your battery?

**The menu is chockingly ugly. It looks like a ten-year-old has drawn the interface.

Don’t understand your comment...what does that have to do with camera performance? Didn't you check out the camera at your local dealer...before you went and bought one on ebay?

**There is no "Delete all pictures" - feature. I have to get them deleted one by one - and watch a incredibly ugly animation for 2 seconds before the next picture appears.

All Fuji cameras allow you to “delete all pictures”, including yours - try reading your manual. Again, your perception of "ugly" has no bearing on camera performance.

**The camera doesn't have any precise settings. I cant find the ISO settings, neither can i find anything else not managing something else than Date, Language and those kind off nonimportant settings.

Your camera has 8 different ISO settings - try reading your manual.

**You can only focus on something in the middle of the display - it doesnt aim itself.

No camera aims itself. You can focus anywhere within the frame - try reading your manual.

**Cant use the software. It says "I/O Error" immediatly as i put the camare USB in.

Maybe you’re doing something wrong - try reading your manual.

Thats just an oveview of stuffs that bothers me.
Here's some sample pictures, taken with ISO 1600 (Auto) and set to FINE quality:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/2121/dscf0032n.jpg

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8517/dscf0019hqf.jpg

To be honest, neither picture looks all that bad to me. Maybe you expected $7,000.00 DSLR performance in a Point and shoot package?

Please help me!!! Im so sad this was my birthdaypresent to myself... and this far it sucks

Sorry for some grammatic errors - Sweden ftw
--
Why did you have to post this thread twice on the forum?

the Hun
Old May 29, 2009, 12:24 AM   #4

Ya I read your post. You definitely do not understand cameras at all. Your first shot you showed just tells me you had iso set to auto or 1600 and you took a picture. The ISO noise is excellent for 1600 and in fact, 1600 is not achievable for the z28 panasonic nor the canon sx10 is or what ever with this kind of quality. On my s200hd, my max is 400 before It starts farting out bad colors.

That picture you showed tells me the camera is in excellent order. Give us something that isnt good for crying out loud! Take the same pic at 100 iso with flash enabled and raise the pixel count. look at it again.

Learn how to use your camera. It is the best compact camera you can own at the moment! SERIOUSLY! You must be joking!

Last edited by Cresho; May 29, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old May 29, 2009, 4:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad147 View Post
what a coicedence, somebody posted the same thread on DPR-maybe someone should have read the directions before they posted a foolish thread.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...hread=31985086
Dude, I wanted an fast answer. Thats why I posted here aswell, because it was here I "began" the questioning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
Ya I read your post. You definitely do not understand cameras at all. Your first shot you showed just tells me you had iso set to auto or 1600 and you took a picture. The ISO noise is excellent for 1600 and in fact, 1600 is not achievable for the z28 panasonic nor the canon sx10 is or what ever with this kind of quality. On my s200hd, my max is 400 before It starts farting out bad colors.

That picture you showed tells me the camera is in excellent order. Give us something that isnt good for crying out loud! Take the same pic at 100 iso with flash enabled and raise the pixel count. look at it again.

Learn how to use your camera. It is the best compact camera you can own at the moment! SERIOUSLY! You must be joking!
The thing is that I had a Casio EX-Z500, which was very automaticly used. I had no idea of how to set ISO and stuff. And also, this was a completly other interface, so I had trouble finding everything.
I just got sad when I opened the package - and it was all so weird. I thought that if this (at the time) weird thing called "ISO" is tuned to 1600 - it must be the best automatic setting...

If you read my post in the other forum, i guess you will find a better explaination for all of this fuzz.

(
Quote:
)
Old May 29, 2009, 10:27 AM   #6

well, you kinda hit me hard with your question calling the camera "sucks". Who in this forum is going to answer your question after looking at all the pictures and also understand exactly what is going on. Even the adaptor on the power battery charger you didn't figure out. amazing.

Anyway, If you started your question with, "I need help with my F200exr, people who Google it will have an easier time finding such information.

Read the manual! Ask questions. Don't ask super easy questions. Ask hard ones! You should be able to answer your easy questions with a quick read of the manual.

The camera you mentioned "Casio" is really garbage. The camera you hold in your hand has superb picture quality compared to that casio.

Here is an example. If you understand HDR, then you understand what I am talking about, tell me what other camera has built in HDR hardware capability like your 200 EXR and let me know if you can take a picture with your casio like this one?
http://aminus3.s3.amazonaws.com/imag...ceb6_large.jpg

You can't! Your camera is advanced for a Casio user. Learn to use it and you will then appreciate it. That picture you saw would take a panasonic z28 with raw image taken and shot through photoshop layered in many ways just to bring out the darkness and suppress light to get a very vivid and eye appealing color with little or no noise. HDR is the next rave for now. Your camera is not a "point n shoot" if you do not understand its functions.

This is what it takes to use HDR-like effects and you have it on-the-fly!

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tut...-in-Gimp/37062
http://tutorialblog.org/hdr-tutorials-roundup/
http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/
http://www.stuckincustoms.com/hdr-tutorial/

High Dymanic range is possible on your camera "on-the-fly" I Hope I managed to get your attention.

Here is a quick tip!
put your camera on p mode, then force iso to 100, then inside shots use flash and you can also sharpen the images incase you like sharp images with the settings in the menu. It's pretty automatic in that department.

Last edited by Cresho; May 29, 2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old May 29, 2009, 10:32 AM   #7

Robert-

The battery charger problem looks like it can be addressed by getting the correct adapter. As I do not own the Fuji F-200 EXR, I have no camera to explore with and cross check. Why not go to a very detailed professional review of the camera and see if that will help in sorting out the Menu/ISO problem.

In the past, Fuji has used a single "Photometry" button, marked with the letter, "F" to enter the "Photometry" Menu. It is there that the ISO is set. based on your two samples, it appears that ISO is one of the problems.

Sarah Joyce
Old May 29, 2009, 11:05 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Robert-

The battery charger problem looks like it can be addressed by getting the correct adapter. As I do not own the Fuji F-200 EXR, I have no camera to explore with and cross check. Why not go to a very detailed professional review of the camera and see if that will help in sorting out the Menu/ISO problem.

In the past, Fuji has used a single "Photometry" button, marked with the letter, "F" to enter the "Photometry" Menu. It is there that the ISO is set. based on your two samples, it appears that ISO is one of the problems.

Sarah Joyce

that wasnt the problem. the charger had an adaptor on the charger. he just got to pull it out the adaptor that's already on it!

Last edited by Cresho; May 29, 2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old May 29, 2009, 12:09 PM   #9

amazing isnt it that as of now thw thread at DPR is locked and your screen name also appears to be locked down also-clearly other people saw that you are a fool. when you post a thread like this on 2 of the most viewed photography forums in the world, you should expect to have people tell you that you don't know what you are doing. the fact that you couldn't figure out the issue with the adapter shows that you have no clue. you should never be allowed to use a camera ever again, and your internet priviliges should be revoked also.

but have a happy birthday anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbrink View Post
Dude, I wanted an fast answer. Thats why I posted here aswell, because it was here I "began" the questioning.

The thing is that I had a Casio EX-Z500, which was very automaticly used. I had no idea of how to set ISO and stuff. And also, this was a completly other interface, so I had trouble finding everything.
I just got sad when I opened the package - and it was all so weird. I thought that if this (at the time) weird thing called "ISO" is tuned to 1600 - it must be the best automatic setting...

If you read my post in the other forum, i guess you will find a better explaination for all of this fuzz.

( )
Old May 29, 2009, 7:42 PM   #10

Quote:
well, you kinda hit me hard with your question calling the camera "sucks". Who in this forum is going to answer your question after looking at all the pictures and also understand exactly what is going on. Even the adaptor on the power battery charger you didn't figure out. amazing.

Anyway, If you started your question with, "I need help with my F200exr, people who Google it will have an easier time finding such information.

Read the manual! Ask questions. Don't ask super easy questions. Ask hard ones! You should be able to answer your easy questions with a quick read of the manual.

The camera you mentioned "Casio" is really garbage. The camera you hold in your hand has superb picture quality compared to that casio.

Here is an example. If you understand HDR, then you understand what I am talking about, tell me what other camera has built in HDR hardware capability like your 200 EXR and let me know if you can take a picture with your casio like this one?
http://aminus3.s3.amazonaws.com/imag...ceb6_large.jpg

You can't! Your camera is advanced for a Casio user. Learn to use it and you will then appreciate it. That picture you saw would take a panasonic z28 with raw image taken and shot through photoshop layered in many ways just to bring out the darkness and suppress light to get a very vivid and eye appealing color with little or no noise. HDR is the next rave for now. Your camera is not a "point n shoot" if you do not understand its functions.

This is what it takes to use HDR-like effects and you have it on-the-fly!

http://www.tutorialized.com/view/tut...-in-Gimp/37062
http://tutorialblog.org/hdr-tutorials-roundup/
http://www.vanilladays.com/hdr-guide/
http://www.stuckincustoms.com/hdr-tutorial/

High Dymanic range is possible on your camera "on-the-fly" I Hope I managed to get your attention.

Here is a quick tip!
put your camera on p mode, then force iso to 100, then inside shots use flash and you can also sharpen the images incase you like sharp images with the settings in the menu. It's pretty automatic in that department.
Thanks for the tips! I'll check the HDR guides out first thing in the morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Robert-

Sarah Joyce
Hi again Sarah I have found the "F", and the adaptor I understand. I have contacted my local dealer, and he said there is one place in my town who has it.

Quote:
that wasnt the problem. the charger had an adaptor on the charger. he just got to pull it out the adaptor that's already on it!
No I dont, the adaptor on right now is for asia or something. The one thats under, the original one, is for U.S. use - and im over here in Sweden. SO, I have to get another adaptor aswell...

Quote:
amazing isnt it that as of now thw thread at DPR is locked and your screen name also appears to be locked down also-clearly other people saw that you are a fool. when you post a thread like this on 2 of the most viewed photography forums in the world, you should expect to have people tell you that you don't know what you are doing. the fact that you couldn't figure out the issue with the adapter shows that you have no clue. you should never be allowed to use a camera ever again, and your internet priviliges should be revoked also.

but have a happy birthday anyway.
Not being able to solve my adapter issue does NOT mark me with the nOOB-at-cameras mark... That's an technical issue anyone could have. The thing I negged over was the fact that I got one overall - when I told the dealer I wanted one for Sweden, if possible.
If you would've seen it with your own eyes, you would easily see that its a bit more complicated than just tearing them two pieces apart. I don't want to damage it..

The text marked with FAT letters is just childish.. Even more childish than some of my desperate posts.
Seriousy, does no-one else think so aswell? Or are you all against me.. on all points.

Closed Thread