Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 3, 2003, 11:17 PM   #1
bs

Default How to start/stop the Fuji 2650 in movie mode?

I am planning on buying the Fuji 2650 2MP camera, but need to make sure how the movie mode is started and stopped.

Somewhere I got the idea that the shutter release had to be held 1/2 way down while taking the movie, then pushed all the way down to stop.

Looked at the Fujifilm web page to see if I could download the manual to find out for sure, but could not find a link on their web page for the owner's manual.

For one of my intended uses of the camera, I need to be able to start recording a movie, then not have to touch the camera until I want to stop the movie.

Would someone please tell me how the movie recording is started and stopped?

Bill
bs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 4, 2003, 5:50 AM   #2

On most Fuji cams, you hit the shutter button, it takes a couple of seconds to get the exposure/white bal and focus set for the first and subsequent frames, then runs until you press the shutter button again - or stops because your card speed/format structure isn't fast enough!

Half pressing the shutter before you start, just saves a couple of in cam seconds and allows you to view the first frame. If it looks badly exposed or out of focus on the lcd then why press the shutter right down to record? Also you might want to change the zoom setting (remember zoom/exposure etc cannot be changed once recording start) VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:41 AM   #3
bs

VOX,

Thank you. I can go ahead and order the camera now.

Bill
Old Nov 4, 2003, 4:20 PM   #4
djb

also for your camera you can only record at 20 second intervals at 320x240 and 80 seconds or so at 160x120. tho, i'm not too sure of this. i think i read it here in Steve's review.

dennis
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2003, 7:20 AM   #5

.......Also for your camera you can only record at 20 second intervals at 320x240 and 80 seconds or so at 160x120.............

This works for my cam on a moderately fast card (20X): For cards up to 256 Mb, format under DOS as FAT16 8Kb or more per cluster. Some cams will reset the format back to 2K for in-cam format - my 602 doesn't. But, you can still 'erase all' and keep your 'special' format. VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2003, 1:03 PM   #6
bs

Default Bought the 2650

Well, I bought the 2650. Been using it for a few weeks, and really like it. Thanks to all for your help.