Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 13, 2009, 12:17 AM   #1

Default F200EXR - 1 concern and many photo examples

I bought the F200EXR about a week ago and so far I'm pleased with the image results. IQ and DR are great, more than I hoped for.

Out of all the pluses I have 1 minor concern; battery life. My first charge gave me 92 photos. I'm on my 2nd charge now and after 48 shots the battery icon is still solid. Hopefully it just needs a few charges to condition itself. Weekend camping trips would suffer if battery life does not improve. I have a week left to return so I hope it doesn't come to that.

On to the examples, I have many so far and will just post the link; http://www.pbase.com/ajuett/f200exr

Here are a couple of teasers; all in EXR mode, DR mode, 6MP at 100 ISO, no PP except resized and USM 0.7 at 100%

ajuett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:03 AM   #2

Nice pics - beautiful area, but you have some sick tidal departures there!

Your camera should get around 230 shots per battery charge. However, I believe the EXR mode uses more juice. You might want to pick up a spare battery for extended trips (or maybe a solar charger).

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2009, 9:38 AM   #3

Thanks The Hun for the comments.

So EXR uses more power, I didn't think of that. The 2nd charge I'm on has been all EXR. I'll be taking loads of photos later today and should have a good indication of whether or not the battery life has improved or not.

Andrew
Old Jun 13, 2009, 6:38 PM   #4

Well I had taken 40 odd shots yesterday and took another 50 today and the battery on the F200EXR is drained. All in EXR mode but 90 shots on a fully charged battery is not acceptable. Anyone having the same issue? I don't want to but if I have to the camera will go back for exchange on a Panasonic FX or Canon SD.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:33 PM   #5

Someone gave me some tips on other batteries. However, the KLIC-7004 is $40 vs the NP-50 at $60. Even paying $40 to get an extra 90 shots is not worth it.

After some hard thought and reluctance I took the F200EXR back tonight. They had a great sale on a G10 $429 Cdn ($70 more than what I paid for the F200) so that made up for the battery cost plus far more camera control. I couldn't turn that down.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 10:49 PM   #6

I hope you read reviews on g10 and problems. Of course all cameras have problems.

From what I read of problems, it is not rare but almost common in some forums and not so common in others.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/[email protected]/

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...=2112&id=57370

Last edited by Cresho; Jun 13, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 2009, 11:09 PM   #7

Thanks Cresho for that info. I was aware of the magenta and line issues. I check my serial no. against the info you provided and all checks out. I have firmware ver 1.0.4.0 which I believe is the latest.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 8:23 PM   #8

Is there any third party battery with higher capacity for F200EXR?
dportman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2009, 9:08 PM   #9

dportman-

No third party batteries as yet that I know of so far.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:28 AM   #10

I carefully fully charged my battery before use (you did the same?) and was on 135 shots and still going the first time through. All the time left on EXR too. Fabulous little camera, really is, but then I don't really need 250 per battery anyway.
cameranserai is offline   Reply With Quote