Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 8, 2009, 1:59 PM   #1

Default Fujifilm Finepix F30

Hello!
I have one question: does anybody know if Fuji still produces this model? (F30). I really like to have this model, but i'm not sure if it's on the market anymore.
Thank you for your time!
BR
Nelu
nelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 8, 2009, 5:18 PM   #2

the F30 was produced at the begining of 2006, it is out of production for almost 3 years, the latest f series camera is the f200 and that will set you back around $300-$350 US, you can probably find a used F30 on ebay for around $200, but buyer beware when you deal with ebay
nomad147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2009, 9:20 PM   #3

You can still get the F100 at Beach Camera for $249/free shipping. It has more resolution, a larger sensor, larger LCD, larger zoom range, wider angle, IS, more powerful flash, updated processor, and the ability to use SD as well as xD cards.

I don't think the F100 is quite as good in available light as the F30, most likely due to the additional 6 MP.

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 3:53 AM   #4

Thank you for replays.
Yes, I'm considering F100fd;it looks like it's the only one that is near the past models.
Also just this morning I read about new F70EXR that looks preety great considering the specifications. We'll have to wait to see results.
BR,
Nelu
nelu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:09 AM   #5

thanks for the news. Now i see successor to the s100fs
s200exr

Last edited by Cresho; Jul 22, 2009 at 4:13 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2009, 9:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelu View Post
Thank you for replays.
Yes, I'm considering F100fd;it looks like it's the only one that is near the past models.
Also just this morning I read about new F70EXR that looks preety great considering the specifications. We'll have to wait to see results.
BR,
Nelu
depend "what you need?" asnswer. imo, F200EXR(shipped from sep'2009) is FAR more fit for classical-built F30 succesor, than F70EXR/F75EXR, for example. if you dont need extra zoom(F7xEXR provide 10x, while F200EXR haver 5x lens) and 23 mm slim digicam - go for F200EXR !! its BETTER ![lower distortions, better battery life, better handling, classic design] but anyway, temporal noise reduction(over burst series or high-frequency sensor analysis) works superb in new EXR cameras !! really WORTH upgrade ! (aka Pro Low-Light mode). from F30 im missed only two things: firmware-made lens distortion correction(turned off by default, maybe). in-camera battery recharge. or more capacity to battery.

Last edited by SkyShoot2; Jul 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM.
SkyShoot2 is offline   Reply With Quote