Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 20, 2009, 4:24 PM   #11

Hey Nick, thanks for the info. I wish some dealer in my area carried the S100 so I could just go play with one, so instead, I have to ask about everything My 70-300 focuses fast, but not FAST fast. It does hunt in lower light, so I'm thinking it's probably similar to your experience.

The 'enjoyment' factor, man you hit the nail on the head with that one. I used to use a Fuji S6000 superzoom and I did enjoy photography much more back then. I'm a random type shooter and just being able to snap this or that without farting around changing lenses was sure nice. Now a days I just leave my 18-55 at home and miss out on close ups and scenics. Macro's are totally out for me.

Speaking of macros, honestly, how do shots look,
1) In normal macro at full zoom and
3) Super macro when you almost touching the subject?

Any samples you might have of those?
Thanks!
Ron
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:22 PM   #12

Default re:photos

Ron, I don't have any true macro photos. I just like taking the entire flower bloom,etc and have not taken of bugs,etc. I have created a public album with a few photos in it-deer and flowers. The link is below and let me know what you think.

Nick

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/me...lm-s100fs.html
nick1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2009, 7:28 PM   #13

cool thanks, those are nice shots. The window ones you might increase contrast a bit, I shoot out a window sometimes and it gives em more 'pop', but the shots are nice the way they are too.
Highway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 1:57 AM   #14

I been debating of either upgrading to this camera. I read alot about chromatic aberration and see people pointing them out but when I look at your pics, I don't see any!? do you post-process any of them? I'm guessing your not but i still need to ask.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2009, 2:02 AM   #15

This is what I am talking about. I took this with my s2000hd. I can see chromatic aberration. Do you expirience this stuff? Look at the headlamp and right above it on the rim. It is purplish. also where the blower hood meet. its kinda purplish. I have this program in gimp called "chromatic abberation and it completely removes the problem. I even read reviews why fujifilm never bothered fixing this issue on the s100fs. But your picks look fine unless i'm missing something.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Jul 21, 2009 at 2:05 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 5:48 PM   #16

Default re:CA and PP of images

I do some-not a lot of PP to some images, I do not like to tinker with the photos a lot. I have not seen the "CA" in my images and have tried to get it by taking photos through trees, etc and have yet so see any. I think my camera was made in 12/2008, so Fuji may have made some corrections to the later cameras. I used to get an awful lot of CA with my Pentax K 300mm F4 lens.

Nick
Old Jul 22, 2009, 1:22 AM   #17

thanks! alot! I am definelty going to investigate this camera. This was my first choice but settled for the 180 dollar s2000hd until anything else would come along. I'm not disapointed with my camera but I do want something a little better and not hit the dslr mark just yet until it becomes more user friendly with those extra equipment. I want one camera that does it all and the s100fs is as close as it comes.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 4:14 AM   #18

someone mentioned new cameras from fuji.

i been waiting for one with exr and this one is it. my mini!

I removed the link in favor of yours

thanks for this info jim !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Cresho; Jul 22, 2009 at 1:36 PM.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:02 AM   #19
Administrator

We have the press release here, too:

http://www.steves-digicams.com/pr/fu...200exr_pr.html
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:16 AM   #20

I just saw the Fuji announcement of the S200EXR and it sounds great. If I didn't already have the S100FS, would definitely buy it. It seems to be priced at not much more than what I paid for the S100FS.

On another note, it is a pleasure posting here at Steve's compared to DPR. After I sold my Pentax gear and got the new Fuji, I had nowhere to go except DPR(had been there before with the Pentax) and guess what? Still the sniping and crap from certain individuals.