Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 24, 2009, 6:19 PM   #1

Default some fuji s-100 pano's

i love panos
took this last saturday-12 images with the s-100-veterans war memorial-high point state park-wantage, nj-this monument is on the highest point in the great state of new jersey-1,803 feet and the tower is 220 feet and its 291 steps to the top of the monument and 98% humidity inside the monument-you can see 3 states from this point

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9...564stitcha.jpg

opposite view in front of the memorial-my daughter in the lower left of the image-14 images
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/1...cropstitch.jpg

field at kittatiny state park -andover, nj
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8...202stitchc.jpg

lake aeroflex-kittatinny state park-andover, nj-the tree on the right side of the image has a section cut out of it, it actually looks like that and its not a flaw in the pano software
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/924...stitchcrop.jpg
and finally
the very first game played at the new yankees stadium-april 3, 2009 chicago cubs vs new york yankees-i was sitting 6 rows behind home plate, i was able to sneal away from my wife and friends for 20 minutes to walk up to the bleacher seats and get this image-9 shots-taken with the s-100

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/9953/48867929.jpg
all images were assembled in microsoft ice, and did some PP on them with elements 7, hope you enjoyed them as much as i did taking them
nomad147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2009, 12:05 AM   #2

This is excellent work dude!
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2009, 11:45 AM   #3

Excellent panos!

Could you share how did you do them?

Such as, tripod or handheld, how to fixing exposure, what software, etc
dancheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:57 AM   #4

glad you like them-all were done with the S-100, all were handheld-i tweaked them all in elements 7 and stitched them with microsoft ice-i didnt crop the yankee stadium pano correctly though, i also did the stadium with my S5 and i'm currently trying to sell that image-i try to keep all the photoshopping to a minimum, i just adjusted the brightness and contrast a bit.
Old Aug 4, 2009, 2:43 PM   #5

Well done, Nomad-

How do you like the Fuji S-100fs? It is a camera I am currently considering. How do you feel about it size? Thanks.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4, 2009, 3:31 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Well done, Nomad-

How do you like the Fuji S-100fs? It is a camera I am currently considering. How do you feel about it size? Thanks.

Sarah Joyce

glad you like them-i think the S-100 is an extremely versatile camera-once you learn how to use it properly, you will see that it is one of the best all around cameras there is-it is big and heavy, but it also shoots great macro and zoom shots, so really it takes the place of an SLR and 3 lens-the downside is that the camera does have issues with purple fringing, which can be removed in PP, i normally notice the PF whenever i shoot anything with a lot of trees-and the camera has a very s-l-o-w lens, this camera is not very good for high speed action shooting, you really have to practice with the camera and set your shot up if you are going to shoot something that is fast-other than that i think the camera is great, and no, i dont consider it a replacement for a DSLR, i will always use my S5 over the S100, but if i dont want to have to drag a ton of glass around with me, i will always take the S100 and if i have the S5, the S100 is the backup. the S100 is going to come down in price once the S200 is released and if you wanta serious camera that is more than a P+S, but not an SLR, the S100 is the camera for you, and if you just do a little googling you will find many examples of what the the S100 can do and is capable of-
Old Aug 5, 2009, 10:13 AM   #7

Thanks Nomad-

I have read some negative comments concerning the jpeg output. Were those panos shot in jpeg or RAW?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2009, 11:06 AM   #8

i shot them all in jpeg and almost all of them were straight out of the camera-the camera is not perfect, like anything else-imho the flaws that the camera has are far outweighed by its versatility, and its going to come down in price in the next 6 weeks or so when the S200 comes out-i have had the camera for over a year now, i have been practicing photography for close to 30 years now, i really think the S100 is a very good at what its capable of and im more than happy i have it.