Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Aug 4, 2009, 1:30 PM   #1

Default Anyone Interested in the New Fuji F-70 EXR Camera?

The new Fuji F-70 EXR camera is due out this month with some very interesting features. I have one on pre-order. Is anyone else intersted?

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:30 PM   #2

I wouldnt buy one of those just on principle that it doesnt feel or look like a camera. The word Mickey Mouse comes to mind although it has come to mean expensive these days. If no one bought these kinds of (and I use the term loosely) cameras then they would stop being made and more real cameras would see the light.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2009, 11:50 PM   #3

patiently waiting for the s200exr
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 8:30 AM   #4

I think the Fuji F-70 EXR will be a good choice for Fuji.
Finally has stop the useless war about megapixel.
Second the sensor is a little more big.
(As usual no raw in this type of compact camera ... )

The s200exr perhaps will start in Italy with a price of 500 euro (iva included).
I think this type of price aren't much interesting for a compact camera despite is a good compact camera.

I regret a lot the absence of a model with some less feautures (but with the possibility of shoot in raw) that was present in the past ...
Now there aren't alternative in Fuji or you buy the top bridge or you haven't the possibility to shoot in raw.

Also part of the cost of the EXR sensor has already been amortized in the previous compact so why start with a price so high?
Especially in a moment of the market so difficult?

I think many productor are crazy, they wan't understand the situation.

Last edited by alexfoto; Aug 14, 2009 at 8:33 AM.
alexfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:31 PM   #5

Bynx-

I understand your qualms very well. However, the camera will probably appeal to a lot of folks out there with it High ISO capabilities and 10X optical zoom it will make a dent in that camera niche.

Sarah Joyce

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 21, 2009, 5:31 PM   #6

Default Yes!

I just pre-ordered mine from Amazon. I've been researching point & shoots extensively and have decided this is the camera for me. Now the waiting begins....
Kooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2009, 9:11 PM   #7

Kooz-

It has become an all out battle between Canon, Sony and Fuji on the 2009 Christmas Market. I too, have pre-ordered a Fuji F-70 from www.amazon.com.

However you cannot realistically ignore the challenge put forth by the Canon S-90 and the Sony WX-1 cameras. Fuji might not be the winning horse in this race.

Only time will tell.

Sarah Joyce
Old Aug 22, 2009, 12:46 AM   #8

Im hoping Santa will drop me off a Panasonic G1. Im tired of getting a sock full of coal each year.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2009, 9:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtclimber View Post
Kooz-

It has become an all out battle between Canon, Sony and Fuji on the 2009 Christmas Market. I too, have pre-ordered a Fuji F-70 from www.amazon.com.

However you cannot realistically ignore the challenge put forth by the Canon S-90 and the Sony WX-1 cameras. Fuji might not be the winning horse in this race.

Only time will tell.

Sarah Joyce
Those were all brands I considered, along with Panny, and I actually didn't want another Fuji because I wanted to try something different. I've been using the same Fuji FinePix 3800 for more than 7 years now. It's been a great camera but I'm so tired of the bulkiness, I want something ultracompact that I can carry everywhere. The F70 meets all my needs (and BTW I love the way it looks - something about that shiny gunmetal finish).

I'm not a pro, amateur photographer, or anything like that, just a regular guy who wants to take great photos with a P&S. And I could care less about the video quality. I have a good camcorder for that.

Last edited by Kooz; Aug 28, 2009 at 8:39 PM.
Kooz is offline   Reply With Quote