Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 6, 2009, 11:41 PM   #11

The sizes have been corrected. Not impressive? Can you name a current model P&S camera that has a larger sensor?

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2009, 6:45 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinniethehun View Post
The sizes have been corrected. Not impressive? Can you name a current model P&S camera that has a larger sensor?

the Hun
Hi Hun,

Sorry, what I meant was that if the sensor sizes were actually of the order of 40 or 50 square centimetres they would be impressive. I wasn't comparing the actual sensors sizes of these cameras with those of any other camera.

Richard
programmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 6:39 PM   #13

Well, I decided I did not give the F-70 EXR a fair shake the first time around. so I ordered another, that was delivered this afternoon (24 Dec). Hopefully, with my added research and reading I have learned a few things.

Anyway, I think I still have more to learn. This is the 1st photo out of the camera at ISO 1600, taken indoors without flash using only the small amount of existing light that was present.
If it will not be bothersome, I will continue to post as I learn more about the EXR.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 7:25 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Why a resized photo is no use in showing camera quality
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2009, 11:52 PM   #15

Hello again, Mark-

Well, in case you missed it.

Here is a 100% crop of a photo of a US $1 bill. The photo was of the whole bill, naturally this photo at a 100% crop, just shows the right hand lower corner. This photo was taken under a 60W ceiling light bulb at ISO 1600. The WB is not quite perfect, but beginning to get much, much closer. That looks pretty good for a $(US) 200.00 P+S camera at ISO 1600, at least to me.

No noiseware was used.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Last edited by mtclimber; Dec 24, 2009 at 11:55 PM.
Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:23 AM   #16

Hi there, Folks-

We have two more samples for you from the Fuji F-70EXR camera that were taken at ISO 800. Once again no noise reduction software was used on these images.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:24 AM   #17

And here, Folks-

Is the 100% crop of that same F-70EXR photo taken at ISO 800.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2009, 10:31 AM   #18

I am nowhere near a photographer.. I think for a point and shoot mega zoom camera the results are really nice...

Sarah,
Did you need to play with the settings a lot? Was this on auto mode? Just trying to get a feel for how complex the camera is... how much work to get decent photos...
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 25, 2009, 1:04 PM   #19

nech-

As I mentioned previously, to get the most from the Fuji F-70, you should use the automatic EXR mode, then all you do is to choose the numerical ISO setting that matches the photo environment in which you are taking your photo. There are only three ISO settings: 400, 800, and 1600, so the choice is very simple.

The result is that the Fuji F-70 can take fairly good photos in a photo environment such as home lighting. For example, my husband of 53 years, Bradley took this photo with the F-70 last night as I was working at my desk. the exposure was made at ISO 1600. The light for the photo was supplied by a 60 watt energy saver light bulb in the light next to me. It is only a snapshot, and it does indeed use the pixel binning function you posted about earlier, but it is a rather amazing photo for a P+S camera selling for $(US)200.

Sarah Joyce
Attached Images

Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:02 PM   #20

sarah,
I agree for such a reasonably priced camera it takes great shots...

I thought though you should shoot with iso 100 unless the light is low... is the fact that you can't go lower than iso400 something I should be concerned about?
nech770 is offline   Reply With Quote