Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 20, 2003, 11:17 PM   #1

Default Very satisfied with S5000!

I just received my S5000 today. Paid $300 for it (brand new)! Anyway, I'm freakin' very satisfied with this camera. Pics are great and I have only taken indoor pics so far. I still have the whole of outdoor left for tomorrow. Anyway, interpolated 6MP rocks. It's really cool. I still have a lot to learn, but, just wanted to express my satisfaction.

Thank you for reading.
sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 21, 2003, 3:10 AM   #2

Glad you like it.

Welcome to our community. Please also visit http://s5000.vze.com for other details about Fuji Finepix S5000z.
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2003, 11:45 PM   #3

Default Re: Very satisfied with S5000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa
I just received my S5000 today. Paid $300 for it (brand new)! Anyway, I'm freakin' very satisfied with this camera. Pics are great and I have only taken indoor pics so far. I still have the whole of outdoor left for tomorrow. Anyway, interpolated 6MP rocks. It's really cool. I still have a lot to learn, but, just wanted to express my satisfaction.

Thank you for reading.
Where did you find it for $300???
Neptoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 22, 2003, 3:04 AM   #4

Default Re: Very satisfied with S5000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptoony
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherpa

Thank you for reading.
Where did you find it for $300???
http://www.buydig.com/ New price is $299 w/free shipping.
Old Dec 3, 2003, 2:28 PM   #5
mik

how is the macro on this camera, is it any good?

how is the battery life, does it last long.....?
mik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 2:25 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
how is the macro on this camera, is it any good?

how is the battery life, does it last long.....?
Yes and Yes.
veedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2003, 12:22 PM   #7

I received my S5000 Wednesday (12/3), one day earlier then expected.

So far, a lot to learn, but I know I'm going to enjoy it, now that I have zoom capability.

I contacted several "online" resellers and had the typical problems.

One comment, the prices changed quite often during the day. I saw it at BuyDig for $297 + shipping. A few hours later it had increased $7.00. Having said that, their customer service reps. attitude "sold me" on buying from them and I'm glad I did.

Does anyone know on average how long alkaline and 2000mah NiMH's last in the camera?

Regards,

drk
drk10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2003, 11:12 AM   #8

does anyone know if buydig.com is good with warranties? can you just ship the porduct to them and they will do the work with the company or do you have to go through the mess of dealing with the company? if anyone has any infomation regardiung anything to do with this i would appreciate a responce... the price is just too good to over look, but the warrantie scares me
Devatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2003, 2:53 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drk10
I received my S5000 Wednesday (12/3), one day earlier then expected.

So far, a lot to learn, but I know I'm going to enjoy it, now that I have zoom capability.

I contacted several "online" resellers and had the typical problems.

One comment, the prices changed quite often during the day. I saw it at BuyDig for $297 + shipping. A few hours later it had increased $7.00. Having said that, their customer service reps. attitude "sold me" on buying from them and I'm glad I did.

Does anyone know on average how long alkaline and 2000mah NiMH's last in the camera?

Regards,

drk
Not sure about the Alkaline batteries ('cause I never bother with them), but, I use 1800mAh batteries with my S5000 and I can take about 300 or so shots with a day or two in between before it dies on me.
Old Dec 6, 2003, 2:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devatch
does anyone know if buydig.com is good with warranties? can you just ship the porduct to them and they will do the work with the company or do you have to go through the mess of dealing with the company? if anyone has any infomation regardiung anything to do with this i would appreciate a responce... the price is just too good to over look, but the warrantie scares me
I replied to your PM as well. About the warranty, when you register your camera with Fuji, they will give you few warranty options to buy. I think their 3-year warranty is about $60 to $90. You can buy the warranty from Fuji anytime from the date of purchase till your one-year Mfr. warranty runs out.