Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:13 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Dustin, I'm really glad that you are enjoying your new camera and you are putting it to good use!

I would find it very interesting (assuming you have time) is to capture a shot in a normal non EXR mode at the same time as the more advanced settings so we can see the real world gains. I'm sure there are many and I find this whole series very interesting but you know me, I always want more.

I really love the feel of the B&W ones, the clarity and range is great!!
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:24 PM   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Dustin, I'm really glad that you are enjoying your new camera and you are putting it to good use!

I would find it very interesting (assuming you have time) is to capture a shot in a normal non EXR mode at the same time as the more advanced settings so we can see the real world gains. I'm sure there are many and I find this whole series very interesting but you know me, I always want more.

I really love the feel of the B&W ones, the clarity and range is great!!
thanks mark

I have a more thorough comparison planned. I just haven't had the time, nor has the weather cooperated. I will compare many of the modes, so our members can get an idea of what the EXR DR features give them, as well as how the 5mp compares to full resolution, etc.

Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 2010, 8:32 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Fantastic, I'm looking forward to that.... however I don't need another camera so please don't make it look too good
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:39 PM   #14

I was impressed enough by these shots to do a little investigating and pricing since I wanted a pocket camera.

It should be here Friday.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3

Last edited by gjtoth; Jan 13, 2010 at 1:43 PM.
gjtoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2010, 2:29 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
I was impressed enough by these shots to do a little investigating and pricing since I wanted a pocket camera.

It should be here Friday.
congratulations Gary. Looking forward to your impressions.

Be sure to set your camera up properly, it makes a huge difference. I use the settings proposed in Kim Letkeman's blog as a starting point. You can make changes to the ISO and dynamic range as your photography demands.
http://kimletkeman.blogspot.com/2009...t-it-mkii.html
Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:23 PM   #16
Super Moderator

i posted these in the Photo Critiques, but reposting here in case people want some more examples of what this camera can do and don't really check that forum. more real world examples with post-processing than test images. i still want to fully test this camera, but my schedule and the weather have not cooperated.

without further adieu

Old Jan 14, 2010, 5:38 PM   #17

These are REALLY nice!

Mine gets here tomorrow and I'm all antsy.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:24 PM   #18

Just joined to say thank you!! I have been having major troubles with my F70EXR that I got for Christmas... wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much noise. I'm used to my old Kodak EasyShare Z612 in auto mode and pictures being great. (Well, I don't know if great is the word, but they almost always looked good... not grainy, good color for the most part. I'm not really a pro with cameras, but I guess I consider myself to be a little bit better than the average bear.) I think it's because I've just been trying the auto mode (with some tiny adjustments). I've messed with some settings after reading your post(s), and I can't wait to test them out soon. Thanks for so much!
Dezden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2010, 10:40 PM   #19
Super Moderator

i hope the new settings work out for you. i know that i am very happy with the results i get with it set up as described.

if you have any other issues/questions about either the f70 specifically or anything photography related, there are many people here willing to help.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:00 AM   #20

Wow great post. I am going to try out these settings. I got my wife a F70 for her birthday in October. She used it a few times has been sitting in the box since. She felt her Fuji F31 worked better. Now since it was broken over the weekend i will try this out. I really want to like this camera. I love the size and build quality. Also have been a big fan of fuji for years as we have owned several.
Netman is offline   Reply With Quote