Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 22, 2003, 10:12 AM   #1

Default Fujifilm 3800

I'm really confused. As a first time digicam buyer I had was about ready to buy a 3800 because of Consumer Report recomendations and then their latest list doesn't even mention it. How does it stack up to the Canon A 70 ? Or any other suggestions?
Will appreciate any help or suggestions.
Cooke
cooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 23, 2003, 12:15 PM   #2

Does it list the fujifilm 3000? As far as I can tell the 3000 is the latest version of the 3800.

I haven't owned either of the camera's but when I played with them at the store I liked the fuji 3800/3000 a lot better. The Cannon A70 shutter lag seemed SOOOOO long I know I would screw up most of my pictures with it.

I would recommend going to a store and playing with both of them to see which you like best.

Good luck!

Kristen
Neptoony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2003, 5:26 PM   #3

Default Thanks Kristen:

I followed your advice. Went to the store and played around with them and lo and behold I wound up with a Nikon Coolpix 3100. Did I make a mistake ? Incidentally I can't figure out whether the 3000 is replacing the 3800 or not. It appears that it is basically the same but has fewer features.
Cooke
cooke is offline   Reply With Quote