Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Oct 28, 2002, 8:12 PM   #11

Hi guys , i sow that you are talking about the finepix 2600 .. i 'm kind of beginner here .. i had used for an year a Logitech ClickSmart 510. Now i want to buy something new, more "professional" with 350$. I have to chose between some Olympus Cameras, Sony P31 or to choose the Finepix 2600.
I need to know everything about this digital camera. You, the actual owners are satisfied with that camera? Can somebody send me some fotos made at high quality in different situations, with/without Flash, and some Outdoors? by email: [email protected]

Thank you!
mihai2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 5:12 AM   #12

Hi all, compression ratio comparisons are important. But has anybody noticed that tha A40 'Middle mode' is 1024 x 768 pixels? This maps precisely to most monitor settings running Windows

If the cam input file format doesn't map exactly, your pc graphics card will be interpolating to the screen resolution you are using! i'e dropping or adding pixel data from adjacent ones.

How good a job it does will depend on the card, but what you see will never be what you started with!. Similar situation occurs in printers. This doesn't happen with still film, as there is no sampling process.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 6:23 AM   #13

Default Smart media from finepix 2600

Hi again.

I heard that the FinePix camera needs drivers to comunicate with the computer. On the market are cameras what don't need any driver ..
My self, i have at home a Logitech ClickSmart 510 camera, what i want to ask you is that the Images made with the Finepix 2600 on the Smart Media Card , can i read them with a normal Smart Media card reader. I'm asking you that because with my logitech what is using drivers, i wanted to read the masrt media card into a digital foto lab, and the pictures extracted without the Original camera drivers wasn't viewable.IMAGE ERROR..
mihai2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2002, 7:08 AM   #14

I have a later Finepix. My cards store .JPG,,TIF and .WAV from the cam. All these files can be opened directly into other software (editors etc) from a card reader without finepix software. As far as I know for newer cams, files can also be read in the cam via USB in Win 2K/XP as it just looks like a remote drive to the pc.

Some cams (not Fuji I think), may create a mixed sound and pic .jpg where only the pic part can be opened in 3rd party software.

Some cams sold for webcam use, need the original software, because there are control features back to the cam which are cam specific.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote