Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:39 AM   #1

Default S5000 and Blurry pictures

We just bought this camera and most of the pictures are comming out blurry. Unless the subject isn't even breathing, it is incredibly blurry. I take mostly pictures of animals and I never had this problem with my last camera. We can't seem to figure out a way to adjust this. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Joyce
joycesgrooming is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 24, 2003, 9:53 AM   #2

What zoom level are you taking the pictures at? Are you using a flash? What are the lighting conditions? We need a little information about your picture process.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 5:25 PM   #3

I'm sorry I didn't get back here sooner. Thanks for the reply. This sure isn't the basic kind of camera I used to have. LOL.

Zoom level? I don't have the slightest idea. When I turn the camera on, the lens extends out. Thats all I know about that.

Lighting? In my Grooming Shop with "daylight" bulbs and in my home with regular lights.

The flash? With and without. 90% of the pictures I've taken are major blurry. I sure have to go back to the instruction book!

Thanks,

Joyce
joycesgrooming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 5:37 PM   #4

Perhaps the light level is a bit low, flash is not enabled, if it is you are too far away, or there are one or two warning lights on the camera flashing in your eye just before you take the picture, or the Fuji hand is waving at you in the viewfinder, or you have set the flash mode to 'fill flash' and the shutter has gone below 1/60? VOX
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 6:52 PM   #5

When you use the full zoom on the camera and hand hold the camera you will get blurry pictures with low lighting. The full zoom will work better in bright light or on a tripod in low light situations. The instructions book is a good place to start.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2003, 10:37 PM   #6

What mode are you in? Auto mode? You may be in other manual modes and the settings may not be right.
sherpa is offline   Reply With Quote