Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Dec 11, 2003, 12:53 PM   #11

The old slow SanDisk 128MB card continued to NOT cause battery drain.

I have received the Kingston CF-512/S card and have had it in the camera for 36 hours now. It too does NOT appear to cause battery drain problems.

I still do not know how to determine what controller chip is in any of my CF media. My SanDisk 8-in-1 USB2 attached multi-format media reader does not seem to support reading that much detail from the devices, so clicking Properties on the virtual drive letters it creates does not provide this data.

Any suggestion on how to determine which specific controller is in a particular piece of CF media?

-Jay
libove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 1:01 AM   #12

i'm using CF 256MB Kingston, 128MB Kingston and 128MB Transcend. all reported no battery drain. the cards have been with me since July 2003 (from my ex-A70).

Howver, my trnascend seemed to report 'CARD ERROR' ocassionally, any idea why? BUt my Kingston CFs work perfectly

Rgds
faizal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:52 AM   #13

Fuji made some bones about the S7000 requiring high speed media. If your Transcend card, which occasionally generates card errors, is slower than about "30X" (4 MB/s), this may account for the errors.

On the other hand, my 128MB SanDisk card is definitely NOT that fast, and it has not produced any errors, even when storing video being recorded by the S7000 camera. So, I'm not sure at all.

Does that card cause errors in any other device (in which case it might be the card), or only in the S7000?

-Jay
libove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2003, 6:19 PM   #14

hi libove,

my 128MB transcend did not produce any 'CARD ERROR' with my ex-A70. however, it did show an error once when i direct downloaded files from my PC through CF card reader. i have done this only once. i might try this again af ew more times just to confirm that it has somekind of slower speed than my Kingston.

Rgds
Old Dec 27, 2003, 12:39 PM   #15

does the XD cards give the prob of bat drain at all. wht is the largest size XD card out?

thnks
zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2003, 7:57 AM   #16

the xD card did not have any problem at all. i think the largest xD card is 1GB (1 think so..) correct me if i'm wrong guys ? :?: :?:

anywya, my trnascend card did give a problem when i download the pics to the pc. some of the pics have somekind of image distortion and some of it have this small spot (square in size).

any idea why?

rgds
Old Aug 7, 2004, 10:10 PM   #17

http://www.sandisk.com/tech/faq/228.html

i think this url is answer of your drains batteries quickly problem.

Solution:

Electric power is consumed in the camera, and it has the possibility that a battery exhausts it even if the power supply of the camera is cut off when CF is used with FinePix S7000.
Fuji film provides an upgrade free of charge when CF is unavoidably being used.
When customers don't use CF, the upgrade of the camera is unnecessary.
(This camera usually supports only XD picture card and a micro-drive. It doesn't support CF.)

The range of the object: A body number smaller than " 34060001".
The body number is on the bottom of the camera. Any body number except for the above does not have the issue.

The upgrade is carried out by Fuji film. Users must send the camera to Fuji film.
agcicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2004, 10:46 PM   #18

Hi Jay,

As far as the microdrives, your comments are the complete opposite from a professional animal photographer I talked to a couple of weeks ago. He uses microdrives exclusively in his S7000 that he uses as a backup camera, his equipment is on a plane to a cat show most every weekend, has never had a microdrive failure and says he would not use anything else. So, to each his own I guess. I'm getting ready to order a couple of microdrives for my S7000.

Clyde
Clyde Atkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2004, 10:03 AM   #19

I have read that the xd card will one day reach 8GB capacity, for now, the largest I have found is 512mb.
bertt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2004, 12:12 AM   #20

bertt wrote:
Quote:
I have read that the xd card will one day reach 8GB capacity, for now, the largest I have found is 512mb.
Yes but... Fuji S7000 use FAT16 system for format media. In that case u can't use CF or XD media larger of 2GB ( 2,1G is maximum capacity of FAT16 format).
XLNT is offline   Reply With Quote