Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 6, 2010, 8:39 PM   #91

cresho,

Fuji only claims 370 shots per charge (CIPA Standard) using the NP-140 battery in your camera. I'm sure you can get well over 2000 shots, maybe even 30,000 or 40,000 shots on a charge, but the ongoing discussion involves bridge cameras using four AA batteries, not Li-Ion batteries.

...and I'm still waiting for shoturtle to identify the bridge cameras that can take over 700 shots per charge with AA batteries...and to defend his position on pixel density, as previously requested...

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 9:01 PM   #92

I don't really care how many shots I get with AAs, as I generally pack an extra set. They're cheap. And how many pictures are you taking in a day, anyway? (Let's see, if you are taking 300 pictures a day, that would be 109,500 pictures a year. You gonna look at them again?) How can anyone find 900 things to take pictures of in one day, or even in a week?

Last edited by Dapple; Feb 9, 2010 at 9:19 AM.
Dapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 1:08 AM   #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinniethehun View Post
cresho,

Fuji only claims 370 shots per charge (CIPA Standard) using the NP-140 battery in your camera. I'm sure you can get well over 2000 shots, maybe even 30,000 or 40,000 shots on a charge, but the ongoing discussion involves bridge cameras using four AA batteries, not Li-Ion batteries.

...and I'm still waiting for shoturtle to identify the bridge cameras that can take over 700 shots per charge with AA batteries...and to defend his position on pixel density, as previously requested...

the Hun
Ya but my point is you can make the batteries go further by simply doing a few changes on the camera settings like reducing the brightness, framerate, on the way the lense autofocus like staying away from continuous focus which disables the motor. And a few morre tricks. I was able to pull over 2000 plus on the s2000hd and still carry a charge.

And for the batteries, nothing but energizer AA 15 second rechargable each was 2450mah each battery x4. You can go way beyong litium and with just being knowedgable.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 9:45 AM   #94

Ten pages of intense discussion and it's not even in anyone's hands yet!

Talk about getting lots of press.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 12:11 PM   #95

I think same ... talk about easter eggs! Should they have LiION or AA ?

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 2:03 PM   #96

I decided to put my 2 cents in since nodoby mentioned what I mentioned. The info they put out is baseline information. It really depends on your habit and knowledge about the camera and technology in general. Besides, the market is big and you just cannot compare usage, availability of technology. Those of you comparing other brands to this brand, you just can't! buy what works for you and undertsand it.

Last edited by Cresho; Feb 7, 2010 at 2:14 PM.
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:16 PM   #97

Default A bit OT but ...

I wasn't pickin' on anyone with that coment but obviously Fujifilm got a lot of people talking about it over here Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

So how are you coming with your experience with the S200EXR?
I've still got a ton to learn but I always appreciate your experimentations & input.

You can answer on the the other thread(s).

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2010, 3:23 PM   #98

ya i been taking lots of pictures and love it!
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:46 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
Ten pages of intense discussion and it's not even in anyone's hands yet!

Talk about getting lots of press.

Bob S.
I think it just goes to show that the market is really looking for something like this - provided it can deliver good image quality. And I think those who are the most enthusiastic have realistic expectations. No one is expecting DSLR quality. But if it's a clear step up from current P&S megazooms (say, S100fs quality with the few image issues that camera had now corrected in the new camera), then it should be a winner.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:54 PM   #100
Super Moderator

i agree Biro

if they can give at least a small step up in image quality, combined with the flexibility of the huge zoom and plenty of features, this will be a success and something the market is looking for.

for those that don't want to shoot dslrs, this gives them a great main camera, and for those that do shoot dslrs, it can serve as a nice lightcarry/non-photo-oriented-travel cam where the superzoom will be handy.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote