Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 9, 2010, 6:06 PM   #111

Quote:
It's possible to have an "all in one" but not for about 700 dollars. I have a hd1000 for HD 720p 60fps stereo and I use the s200exr for pictures. Both give me far superior quality than the average hybrid cameras of this price range.
Why on earth not? Isn't that exactly what the HS10 is going to be...?

There are more and more 'budget' cameras offering pseudo-HD video recording capabilities that are - by and large - absolutely perfect for the majority of consumers. Maybe they're not 60fps, not 35Mb/s, not 24p......a fully rigged 7D or 5D mkII isn't for everyone, but I was merely trying to point out that stills cameras have become increasingly capable in the motion-capture department, at all levels, and the fact that you can get decent video footage out of a 300 'stills' camera is no bad thing.

Presumably you mean a Sony HVR-HD1000, yes? With a 1/2.9" CMOS inside..? Since I'm led to believe the HS10 has a Sony 1/2.3" CMOS sensor it will be interesting to see how it does perform, both for stills AND video. Given that the Sony HX1 is a very capable 'hybrid' (and under $700 apparently), I see no reason to dismiss the quality of the HS10 before we even see it!!!
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:26 PM   #112

ya I looked at that camera . It's pretty bad in terms of quality. I'm sure someone else likes it. I doubt fuji will use sony since they are the direct competitor.

who uses 1440 x 1080 (30fps)? this resolution is totally disgusting. besides, Once you look at high framerate video, you wonder...WHY?

Last edited by Cresho; Feb 9, 2010 at 7:30 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:35 PM   #113

OMG I looked at samples and they are really bad pictures. SERIOUSLY and I look at the reviews and they think it's fine. Coming from a fuji and nikon guy, sony is just bad!

but I can imagine the new bsi sensors from toshiba and sony should bring a new interesting era. Sony is so "sony" and toshiba should be providing the bsi sensors to more of sony's competitors than sony itself.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 7:42 PM   #114

I kept looking at the sony hx what ever camera and It.....bad. The sample images is bad and also videos are bad compared to my hd1000.

and don't get me wrong, I was looking at the fujifilm s200exr sample images from various review sights and I thought the same. I own it since I wanted to swallow the damage and now I am very satisfied. The sony camera hx what ever could be good but It really depends on usage.

I expect Fierce competition from sony and toshiba bsi sensors. I am looking forward to this hs10 but I expect bad video since All I seen is bad video from the rest of the brands.
Old Feb 9, 2010, 8:00 PM   #115

If the HS10 does indeed have the Sony sensor, I've already lost enthusiasm for this cam. Take a look at the sample pics from a Sony DSC-HXV5...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

Take a look at the Still-life ISO series. ISO 125 looks pretty good, but after that things start going South. Doesn't look like it's going to be a low light champ...and that will affect the video quality, also.

Only time will tell...

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 10:06 PM   #116

Rinnie-

That was why I canceled my pre-order on the HX-5. The WX-1 had that kind of beginning as well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2010, 11:13 PM   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinniethehun View Post
If the HS10 does indeed have the Sony sensor, I've already lost enthusiasm for this cam. Take a look at the sample pics from a Sony DSC-HXV5...

http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM

Take a look at the Still-life ISO series. ISO 125 looks pretty good, but after that things start going South. Doesn't look like it's going to be a low light champ...and that will affect the video quality, also.

Only time will tell...

the Hun

ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is really bad. I have a super awesome monitor that picks everything that no modern laptop does. I mean I can see this picture is really bad.

Boy I really admire my s200exr. I mean, i can trip and scratch the camera case and not worry its a 2000 dollar camera cuz i only payed 320 for it. I still wonder of the hs10 though. Just to add more insult to that injured still life, those are the most blurred, smeared, over processed images I have seen on a camera. Even the old panasonic zs3 takes better pictures than this and I dislike panasonic cameras as well (they arent that bad frankly). When I researched my bargain s200exr camera, i looked at 7 websites and compared tons of cameras. I think i saw it all. Tested a few but really saw it all. s200exr came as close to what I wanted in terms of quality, price, and technology behind it.

And when I say I tested them all, I spent a total 1 month of september looking at all the cameras of that time almost 24-7. I was in-between jobs. I looked at them all. few tested.
OMG! seriously compare that sony camera to the panasonic zs3. Look how sharper the zs3 is. case closed.

Last edited by Cresho; Feb 9, 2010 at 11:26 PM.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 2:54 AM   #118

OK, so maybe that Sony sensor has a few shortcomings.... but I think you've completely missed my point. Stills cameras are getting better at video - HD isn't always "full HD" (and there's nothing wrong with 1080i by the way, standard HDV and all that...) but it's better having it than not, particularly if the stills performance is good.

A few years ago we had 640x480 no-zoom, mono efforts, but now we can zoom while we shoot motion pictures, capture audio in stereo, and I have to say the Panasonic FZ38 I tried out recently produced better low-light video than my mini-DV camcorder! Love it or loathe it, the FZ38 has a bunch of 'creative' controls over movie shooting - aperture, shutter etc.., and is only hampered in ultimate creativity by its' handling (at least for my hands, which would much prefer the proposed ergonomics of the HS10).

It's quite funny how 99% of the reviews I read of the S200EXR complained that its' video wasn't HD, but that's another thing.....

Let's not get ahead of ourselves – time will tell how good the HS10 really is. Hopefully it's a good 'un!!
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2010, 3:01 AM   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacmusic View Post
Stills cameras are getting better at video - HD isn't always "full HD"

Totally agree with this comment.
Old Feb 10, 2010, 10:21 AM   #120

i finally found 2 videos that got me on my trip for video cam hd1000.

http://vimeo.com/1153750
http://vimeo.com/1029690
ohh and a few of my picks.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/sa...tabalizer.html

vimeo doesn't deliver the image quality of this camera. THe original files are way better.
enjoy!