Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:42 AM   #211

Anyone know what camera stores (Ritz/Wolf) or big box stores (Best Buy/Walmart) are expected to carry this camera so we can do some hands on testing before buying?

I searched for the Fuji S200 EXR in my local stores in the DFW area and couldn't find it anywhere. I'd really like to see what the camera feels like in my hands before shelling out $500.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 4:48 PM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS7k View Post
What the heck happened to my line feeds. I went back and added all of them and it still looks like that. ARGH!!!!

Finally fixed it... I had to use Internet Explorer to do this... ICK!

Scott
Did you properly disinfect yourself afterwards?
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 12:28 AM   #213

Default Check out the review

http://www.photographybay.com/2010/0...nds-on-review/
enyceckk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:44 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyceckk View Post

It's more of an Overview or preview than a review.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 10:01 AM   #215

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
It's more of an Overview or preview than a review.
True xD But at least we get to see some pics that was taken with that camera with max zoom hehe so we know how much noise it has
Old Mar 5, 2010, 11:55 AM   #216

I notice in the HS10 manual that "original RAF" is still the raw format. I don't understand how they can keep the same format when RAF was designed around the diagonal sampling nature of the SuperCCD and post processing applications decode the Fuji RAF according to that (as I understand it). I certainly wouldn't complain if the RAF photo apps I currently have will still work with the HS10 but I don't understand how they will now that they have ditched the SuperCCD. Here's hoping Fuji will include the REAL RAF processing software and not that horrible little batch RAF app they included with some cameras. Scott

Last edited by ScottS7k; Mar 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM.
ScottS7k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 12:18 AM   #217

exr?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEVgz...eature=related

just watch
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 5:39 AM   #218

Can anyone recommend a good external flash for the HS10 or the 200EXR?
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 9:52 AM   #219

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
The 3rd episode is out there as well. Not terribly informative and as you pointed out it is wrong about the EXR.

So, is this HS10 likely to be better, the same or worse than the S200EXR for image quality? It clearly has some nice features I wouldn't mind having such as the panoramic stiching and the object in motion removal. I shot a bunch of phots of a car show in a mall this weekend with now flash and this feature would have been great to have. I'm not sure how that works. Don't you have to have the object in motion long enough for the portions of scene blocked to become unblocked? Sounds like you're actually shooting video and then extracting a still out of several frames merged together? It can do that at the highest still photo quality? How long do you have to hold the camera still and pointed at the same scene. Facinating or am I just a moron about this?

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2010, 8:04 PM   #220

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
The 3rd episode is out there as well. Not terribly informative and as you pointed out it is wrong about the EXR.

So, is this HS10 likely to be better, the same or worse than the S200EXR for image quality? It clearly has some nice features I wouldn't mind having such as the panoramic stiching and the object in motion removal. I shot a bunch of phots of a car show in a mall this weekend with now flash and this feature would have been great to have. I'm not sure how that works. Don't you have to have the object in motion long enough for the portions of scene blocked to become unblocked? Sounds like you're actually shooting video and then extracting a still out of several frames merged together? It can do that at the highest still photo quality? How long do you have to hold the camera still and pointed at the same scene. Facinating or am I just a moron about this?

Bob S.
http://www.fujifilm.com/products/dig..._manual_01.pdf

u can download the manual.