Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 29, 2010, 6:54 PM   #281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
OKAY OKAY! I can honestly say the HD video is excellent. This is actually the first time I like HD video from a picture camera. Pictures are excellent as well. This camera is good. I love the iso 6400. Its good.

I deem this camera "jack of all trades!" Just listen to the audio.

The only thing left if the mechanical focusing. Even though it looks and sounds good, the kid banging on the drums didn't allow me to hear if the focusing mechanism is audible. and also night video. If it has external mic plugin, this camera will be very very good.

It's already a done deal, I'm going to buy the camera. Every time I take my s200exr, I always miss an opportunity to video tape something. Now I can actually do it. Believe me when I take both my video camera and my camera, it's a lot of bulk. If anybody ever said picture cameras will never do good video unless pigs fly, "THE PIG'S ARE FLYING AND LOTS OF THEM!"
I look foward to bidding on your used S200EXR on ebay...
Ancientritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:29 PM   #282

if you read another post, ill be keeping all of them..
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2010, 9:32 PM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
Interesting, so you are not happy with the FZ35 because of color issues. I was considering that camera as my fallback camera in case the HS10 didn't live up-to expectations.

However, in the past week or so, after seeing the variety of samples that have been posted from around the world, I think I will probably go for the HS10.

exactly what i was saying, chromatic aberration and other such issues are sensitive to some people like myself.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 10:13 PM   #284

Quote:
exactly what i was saying, chromatic aberration and other such issues are sensitive to some people like myself.
Cresho - If you are sold on the HS10 (having used both the S200EXR and FZ35), I feel better about going for the same
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:52 AM   #285

Quote:
if you read another post, ill be keeping all of them..
Assuming that the reviews are good and all the neato features actually work reasonably well then the question is will it really be possible for them to offer an EXR version of this camera by the end of the year?

I'm still exploring my new S200EXR and I have seen the EXR do some amazing things in bright glaring situations where I wouldn't have expected a decent picture.

If the video is great I think that's nice but over a year ago I needed a very compact video camera. So I got the Sanyo HD1010. It mounts very well in my race car (primary function) and I can use it for other duty is well. The image stabilization isn't perfect but it's very compact. The HS10 clearly wouldn't fill that bill but it sounds like it will have superior stabilzation and a honking big lens ... etc. I would really like that big zoom lens!

Wait for the reviews and some end user experiences.

Bob.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:38 PM   #286

Well I seen enough video to know I will not be getting it. I use my Pentax K-7 and DS2 DSLRs for stills and K-7 for HD video and the HS10 only has the advantage of a wide 30x zoom range in a single lens. BTW I use lenses from 6.5mm to 2350mm with my K-7 and to get a 30x range I would need two lenses, my 10-24mm and 28-300mm Tamron zooms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbcXAxQ2Mlo&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huVRD...eature=channel

I will instead be getting the new Panasonic HDC-TM700 3 chip cmos 1080p60 camcorder with 35-420mm F1.5-2.8 (35mm eqiv) lens that has the best video quality of any consumer camcorder I ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qONESSSithw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-G4J...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXZ6o...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dxh7...eature=channel

Last edited by jogiba; Mar 30, 2010 at 5:44 PM.
jogiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:27 PM   #287

panasonic bought sanyo and i wouldnt doubt seeing some of sanyo's technology behind the panasonic cameras. As a matter of fact, i think the same technology behind that panasonic is what is used from the hd1000 and up because I recognize the famous "purple fringing" everybody talks about in the sanyo forums.

Yep....same technology and my hd1000 still takes better videos than those in youtube..just because the flash is compressed. Originals are far beyond better.

hs10 still serves as an excellent backup video recorder. Not as a primary.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 30, 2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:09 PM   #288

U.K. ... price ? ? ? hmmmmm

Last edited by DonalDuc; Mar 31, 2010 at 12:20 PM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:29 PM   #289

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
U.K. ... price ? ? ? hmmmmm

I also found it funny that some UK warehouses/shops had these very low prices - so I mailed one of them, and there Answer was that the Price was'nt the real price - Real price would first be known when the Camera actually came on the Market.
Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:53 PM   #290

yes, there are ~ 10 dealers with prices 120 - 130 - all in the same range

I think it's very unfair with this method to fill first places in vendor lists for weeks.

Last edited by DonalDuc; Mar 31, 2010 at 12:58 PM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote