Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 3, 2010, 9:46 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hards80 View Post
The HS10 uses a backlit sensor, not the EXR system.
Is the EXR system design even compatible with idea of a video camera?

Have to wait for the technical reviews of how all this pans out but at $499 it seems to make my purchase of a Sanyo HD1010 last year seem archaic except that the Sanyo is light & small. I needed it to easily mount in a race car. The with my recent purchase of the S200EXR well ... I'm not very good with the timing. Oh well.

The 100 FPS would have been nice for pictures at the track ... amazing stuff these days!

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:11 AM   #22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by staats View Post
Is the EXR system design even compatible with idea of a video camera?.
well, in video mode it would just use the sensor in a normal bayer fashion, so no the video would not have the EXR effects. thats how it works on the other EXR cameras.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 10:53 AM   #23

The Fuji H-10 is the first deviation of Fuji away from the EXR system. I wonder what the message is in that?? Only time will tell. Even Ricoh and Samsung are scheduled to come out with new cameras based on that same 2.33 CMOS, 10mp imager, as well.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 12:31 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
What I'm wondering is if it uses exr ccd sensor or is this reserved for the end of the year model? perhaps an s10exr? hmmm....
I think he's guessed correctly.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 1:18 PM   #25

Well I think this is one camera I will buy, this Fuji looks really nice BUT having that small of a sensor I wonder how much it will impact on IQ also on high ISO noise?
hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2010, 8:59 PM   #26

Oh come on. Doesn't anyone feel that this camera is stretching it a bit?

I don't know about you, but I don't care for a 720mm long end. I'm pretty sure there will be compromises on optical quality. It's likely that at 720 everything will be soft. Give me a super sharp lens with little to no chromatic aberrations from say 28 to 200 and that would impress me. Who needs 720 anyway except spies and stalkers?

4AA batteries again. If they could make that 3 batteries and reduce the weight it would be so good. i.e while maintaining 300 shots. Or maybe they could invent lighter AA rechargeable batteries. My S6500FD shoots at 400 shots for every 4AA's, so this is a downgrade for me.

What I really want to see from Fuji is an entry level DSLR. Something to compete with the likes of Nikon, Canon, Pentax and Olympus. Fujinon lenses are as good as what the giants make and I see no reason why they just can't give us this option. And look at the body of the HS10. It's got all the wheels and dials and dedicated buttons of a mid-range DSLR. Make it lens interchangeable dammit!
Shahmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:21 PM   #27

DonalDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 12:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
Oh come on. Doesn't anyone feel that this camera is stretching it a bit?

I don't know about you, but I don't care for a 720mm long end. I'm pretty sure there will be compromises on optical quality. It's likely that at 720 everything will be soft. Give me a super sharp lens with little to no chromatic aberrations from say 28 to 200 and that would impress me. Who needs 720 anyway except spies and stalkers?

4AA batteries again. If they could make that 3 batteries and reduce the weight it would be so good. i.e while maintaining 300 shots. Or maybe they could invent lighter AA rechargeable batteries. My S6500FD shoots at 400 shots for every 4AA's, so this is a downgrade for me.

What I really want to see from Fuji is an entry level DSLR. Something to compete with the likes of Nikon, Canon, Pentax and Olympus. Fujinon lenses are as good as what the giants make and I see no reason why they just can't give us this option. And look at the body of the HS10. It's got all the wheels and dials and dedicated buttons of a mid-range DSLR. Make it lens interchangeable dammit!
I understand your point... and it looks like this camera simply isn't for you. For me, the HS10 wouldn't take the place of a DSLR, but instead would be a secondary camera - for vacations and the like. A built-in zoom can be great in that kind of situation. But I agree 720mm is a bit much - and probably not very usable (certainly not while hand-holding the camera). But up to and including 500mm might be.

A camera like this can be very useful. And the bonus is that once you buy one, that's it. No lens system to feed. But I'll withhold final judgement until we get a good look at image quality. I don't expect it to be equal to a DSLR. But if it's a clear step up from the megazoom P&S class - if it obliterates the Canon SX20 and Panasonic FZ35 - it might be a great vacation camera.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 2:02 PM   #29

Since Dec 2008 I use my Canon SX1 - and it is "near HS10" with a lot of same or similar features, 43 mbps 1920x1080 video, 20x zoom, tiltable display, 10 mpixel, macro 0 mm from front lens, ...
It is a phantastic camera and I think, also HS10 will be.

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ca...-pictures.html
DonalDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2010, 3:17 PM   #30

Default How bad can it be ?

I understand Fuji has a pretty good track record right ?

It seems all cameras have their pros and cons, admirers and detractors and all seem to have at least some consumers who perfectly love each one or are willing to live with some shortfall, real or conceived ..... Every anything is a compromise.

There will always be a bigger bang for your buck, newest and latest gizmo around the next corner. We'll never find a one size fits all, buy this camera and you'll never need to buy another as long as you live..... so, I guess somebody has to be first...

Do I have questions and doubts ? Do I like AA power ? ehhhh.... yes and not so much.

What's to hate ? Too much zoom ? Heaven forbid ! Need a tripod when it's hangin' out there ? No kidding !

Anyone here ever feel strongly enough about a camera, based on literature (propaganda) to "pre-order" ?

A Spy
Strobe is offline   Reply With Quote