Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 31, 2010, 12:10 PM   #291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
panasonic bought sanyo and i wouldnt doubt seeing some of sanyo's technology behind the panasonic cameras. As a matter of fact, i think the same technology behind that panasonic is what is used from the hd1000 and up because I recognize the famous "purple fringing" everybody talks about in the sanyo forums.

Yep....same technology and my hd1000 still takes better videos than those in youtube..just because the flash is compressed. Originals are far beyond better.

hs10 still serves as an excellent backup video recorder. Not as a primary.
You must be the only person on the planet that sees "purple fringing" in 1080p60 videos from the Panasonic HDC-TM700 . I downloaded the native 1080p60 files from Japan and did not see chromatic aberration in them.
jogiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:06 PM   #292

look at the video you put up when the car's headlamps is pulling away from the parking and the light reflecting off the bikes and other chrome structure. You see purple fringing. I can do a frame by frame if you want.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:10 PM   #293

ohh screw it. here is one frame. Sanyo's technology has purple fringing and this shows the exact same thing I have with my camera. The only one in the market with purple fringing that I am aware of. I can do much more frame by frames if you want. Here is an observation. the sign on the left, the right side of that sign is black but the left side is purple when it's suppose to be black. the bike on the lower right reflects purple off chrome. I can go on and on and on about this.

ha! just found another brand that has purple fringing. COuld not be sanyo tech after all....8) http://vimeo.com/5012651

Just to add salt to your injury, I see no purple fringing in the hs10. I see other issues but I don't see purple fringing.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 31, 2010 at 4:22 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 4:47 PM   #294

show a PICTURE! not a FataMorgana a drunken sees in the night!
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 7:21 PM   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
show a PICTURE! not a FataMorgana a drunken sees in the night!

he is reffering to a video with purple fringing and not a picture.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:42 PM   #296

Several people on dpreview are reporting that Amazon has started shipping them the HS10, off pre-orders. Expect to see lots of pictures popping up soon. Hoping they are taken by pros so we can judge the quality.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 10:59 PM   #297

thanks 2raj. curious about video. I only seen very few.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:27 PM   #298

Here are some video and high-speed samples:
http://translate.google.pt/translate...&sl=auto&tl=en

The review is a Google translation from Japanese.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2010, 11:41 PM   #299

thanks a bunch. the reviewer of the article states chromatic aberration is not felt. This is a plus for photography but still. If true,would be ideal.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 12:04 AM   #300

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
Here are some video and high-speed samples:
http://translate.google.pt/translate...&sl=auto&tl=en

The review is a Google translation from Japanese.

Thanks. I seen this guy review my hd1000 long ago before i Purchased it. He used the same stuff basically. I can tell you my hd1000 @ 720p looks sharper than the 1080p from fuji. Also, there are no chromatic aberration from what i can see. even though there is no problem in this department, I do see a problem with audio because it picks up the lense clicking. One more issue is the famous cmos wobble which plagues all cmos cameras.

This camera still serves as a good backup. I suspect the panasonic will do much better in this department as they aquired sanyo and their technology.

just to add a few things to improve the camera if possiblerobably disable the automatic and going into manual for correcting brightness/contrast metering.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 1, 2010 at 12:13 AM.