Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:06 AM   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by guus View Post
Fujifilm HS10

Pigeon with a twinkle in his eyes.

720 mm.

Regards,

guus
It's a dove not a pigeon. But that is indeed a twinkle in his eyes ;>)) That time of year.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 11:13 AM   #352

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogiba View Post
Not as stupid as grown men trying to hit a ball with a stick.
Neither is stupid and you can't believe how difficult it is to compete at a pro level in either of these sports these days. I worked in pro baseball for 13 years and no not as a player. There are but a handfull in the world good enough to do this. Same with auto racing. The physical fitness required these days to be able to drive in F1 is unbeleivable. They regularly pull 4Gs in those cars and the reflexes needed are quite something.

I just got this email today for a racing photo shoot school which I thought was pretty interesting. I wish I was even good enough to go but not yet.

================================================== ==============================================
We’ve sent this e-mail to gauge interest among Lime Rock Park fans about something special and unique...

Are you a serious amateur photographer? Would you like “insider’s access” to the world of professional motorsports photography?

We know that many Lime Rock Park fans are avid “shooters,” so we’re thinking of offering, in conjunction with Nikon Professional Services, a motorsports photography school during the Labor Day Historic Festival 28 race weekend.

The idea is to bring the best racing photographers in the business to Lime Rock, who will teach the “tricks of the trade” to advanced amateurs. This would be a truly unique opportunity; Lime Rock is able to consider putting this program together because of our longtime association with the world’s best sports photographers.

You would be credentialed by Lime Rock just like the pros are. You would be shooting from the same locations – pits, trackside corner stations, the works – and the best shots will be published by Lime Rock. You would, in effect, be a pro shooter for a couple days, taught by the best.

At this point, the cost would be something between $900 and $1,500 or so, accommodations and lunches included – but that’s not written in stone, as it will depend on the level of interest and what extras the students will want.

Our goal: an extraordinary learning experience. Enrollment will be capped to keep the student-teacher ratio at 7:1 or less.

Please note that this proposed racing photography school is designed for advanced amateurs. It is not intended for those of you – as good as you might be! – using point-and-shoot pocket cameras and the like.

If you are interested, or know someone who is, please reply to this e-mail.

Also, list the photo gear you have. You do not have to shoot Nikon, but they will have some of its best gear here for you to borrow.

Thank you... and “shoot” fast!
================================================== ================================================== ========

Stay connected with Lime Rock Park!

Last edited by staats; Apr 10, 2010 at 6:49 AM.
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:16 PM   #353

A bit bigger, pleaaaase!

Last edited by DonalDuc; Apr 10, 2010 at 9:12 AM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:23 PM   #354

Please look at this sample site - very impressing pics I must say. I am almost certain that this Camera will stand on my shelf very soon...

http://www.pbase.com/middlehill/fujifilm_hs10&page=all

Claus
Tresman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2010, 2:40 PM   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
A bit bigger, pleaaaase!
;>)) It wasn't that big in my email. I guess size really does matter ...
Old Apr 10, 2010, 3:58 AM   #356

I finally got an answer from Fujifilm re the two differnt part numbers:-

Thank You for your email. We apologise for the delay in replying. P10NC02660A is our stock code for a FinePix Z70 Silver. P10NC02670A is our stock code for a FinePix HS-10. We hope this information helps.

As this still hasn't clarified things I've asked again (4th time)-

Re HS10 Ref NNHTG2G / XWJW7P0 / 8D1A7SG.
The following links point to websites selling the HS10 under both numbers and there are plenty more:-
http://www.morecomputers.com/extra.asp?pn=p10nc02670a
http://www.morecomputers.com/extra.asp?pn=p10nc02660a
http://www.extremepcs.co.uk/INU_comm...FieldLoginArea
The extremepcs website lists the P10NC02660A as Language=IN and the P10NC02670A as Language=UK. It's the only one I can find that makes a distinction.
Also, if you put P10NC02660A into Google the list includes references to both the HS10 and the Z70, but the majority are for the HS10.
Please try to sort this out properly as this is the fourth time I've asked for clarification - not a good record! If a mistake has been made somewhere along the line please explain what it is, what you are going to do about it and, if necessary, be good enough to advertise the correction.
Dave
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:04 AM   #357

hmmmm .... http://geizhals.at/eu/a504502.html

http://www.digital-fusion.co.uk/INU_...-3.0in-lcd-Usb and so on ...

Last edited by DonalDuc; Apr 10, 2010 at 4:06 AM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 4:20 AM   #358

Quote:

mmmm indeed!
I am very suspicious of these low prices. I just rang the company and their recorded message states that "to improve customer services we are no longer answering the phone, you must email us" !! So I've emailed them, but I don't expect to get a reply today, if ever.

If Fujifilm are right and the P10NC02660A relates to the Z70 then this would explain the low price but it would also mean that dozens, if not hundreds, of distributors and retailers are using the wrong product code.
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2010, 6:52 AM   #359

OK already it's done. Thanks for being so polite ...

Quote:
A bit bigger, pleaaaase!

Would you pleeease so kind and remove this s.h.i.t !!!
Old Apr 10, 2010, 9:07 AM   #360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresman View Post
Please look at this sample site - very impressing pics I must say. I am almost certain that this Camera will stand on my shelf very soon...

http://www.pbase.com/middlehill/fujifilm_hs10&page=all

Claus

This is exactly my thoughts...just look at how the dark and lights come alive together. Though these pics are not that great, they are an excellent example of how they will work for someone. Lovely shots none the less.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote