Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 17, 2010, 2:40 PM   #391

nice!!! i should get mine by monday maybe it's time for you to put some samples!!!
did you buy the warranty? if yes, should i buy it?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 5:02 PM   #392

With multiple cameras I do not purchase an extended warranty. However, if you are accident prone, perhaps an accidental damage policy is wise. When you begin posting samples, please use the HS-10 Photo Samples thread. We are attempting to keep all the photo samples in a single place rather than scattered throughout the folder. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 5:35 PM   #393

What's the best way to post images in this forum?

I've posted quite a few on DPR by importing into the gallery and embedding in my message threads. Don't see anything similar in this forum. Please advice.

Thanks.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 7:54 PM   #394

I didn't buy the warranty. Personal choice of course but to me, it has a warrantry as a new item in any case, if anything goes wrong in 12 months I expect it to be fixed and I bought it on credit card so accident insured for 3 months+ in any case. It depends on your circumstances and is a personal decision, for me it is not worth the money but if you want complete peace of mind and could see yourself dropping it down a toilet for instance then get the warranty / insurance. Not for me tho. As for posting images, I am a complete newbie and would be slated for the quality / composition of pics. If I thought I could add something I really would but judging from previous posts I'm not in the league of those who can judge 'purple fringing' or 'barrel distortion' and other phrases that are alien to me. To me a well composed pic of a good subject is way more important than the cameras extreme parameters so I genuinely don't think I'd have anything to add. Give me six months tho...
rallsopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 8:26 PM   #395

6 month xD well im not accident prone at all heck my ipod touch lives for 3 years now my nikon d40 lives for 2 years now, NO SCRATCH! I guess im not accident prone.

BUT! I'm going to uni for 3 years and heck no idea whats gonna happen there. I'm pretty much not an accident prone dude.

I noticed I'm good at detecting crap on the road.

Question: what goes first the filter or the hood?
does it go camera+filter+hood? or camera+hood+filter?
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:02 PM   #396

2raj-

You can imbed images from 3rd part sites by imbeding the url along with your text.

Sarah Joyce
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2010, 11:22 PM   #397

Thanks Sarah.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:33 AM   #398

I bought an HS10 yesterday, 399 at Jessops, I'm quite impressed so far with the quality of the images for such a small sensor, I also quite like the 4/3rds aspect ration (16x12, 12x9 and 8x6). Quite chuffed to have one of the first in the country!

Here are a quick couple of images, exif intact!

My wife, 1600 ISO, 1/50 sec @ f5.6 (approx 210mm ff equiv)

My grandsons Argyle keeper's shirt at full length (720mm FF equiv) at 6400 ISO, 1/350 sec @ f5.6

I will be taking some more pictures today and may give a mini review, but certainly the best high ISO shots I have seen from a small sensored camera to date(and I've had (and got) a few).
Ed Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 6:43 AM   #399

Nice but I see "Gingsters" on the shirt and they aren't real pasties LOL
Dave
Portholland, Cornwall
Cornwall David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:08 AM   #400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall David View Post
Nice but I see "Gingsters" on the shirt and they aren't real pasties LOL
Dave
Portholland, Cornwall
Dave, you tell me where you can get a decent pastie from outside of Cornwall... (perhaps you can send me one LOL, or at least a picture ).
Dave
daved163 is offline   Reply With Quote