Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 18, 2010, 9:46 AM   #401
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
My grandsons Argyle keeper's shirt at full length (720mm FF equiv) at 6400 ISO, 1/350 sec @ f5.6
Yay, another Plymouthian/Plymothian.... people can never seem to agree (Janner) at Steve's . Looking at your other post seems you went to Plymbridge woods for a few shots as well.

Good to have you on board and with a 1Ds mkIII I'm guessing you have some good skills to bring to the forum which is great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornwall David View Post
Nice but I see "Gingsters" on the shirt and they aren't real pasties LOL
Dave
Portholland, Cornwall
It's true, they might be made in Cornwall but they really are not good IMHO.

So 2 new people from the South West, very cool.... good to have you both here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daved163 View Post
Dave, you tell me where you can get a decent pastie from outside of Cornwall... (perhaps you can send me one LOL, or at least a picture ).
Dave
Dave, if you like Ivor Dewdney's they they do Pasties by Post or whatever they call it

Have fun everyone!

See what I'm up to visit my Plymouth Wedding Photography
site or go to my blog.
Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:23 AM   #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
Yay, another Plymouthian/Plymothian.... people can never seem to agree (Janner) at Steve's . Looking at your other post seems you went to Plymbridge woods for a few shots as well.

Good to have you on board and with a 1Ds mkIII I'm guessing you have some good skills to bring to the forum which is great.

It's true, they might be made in Cornwall but they really are not good IMHO.

So 2 new people from the South West, very cool.... good to have you both here!!

Dave, if you like Ivor Dewdney's they they do Pasties by Post or whatever they call it
Thanks for the welcome Actually was Budshead woods between Whitleigh and Ernesettle.

Used to be a full-time social photographer, but gave it up in 1998.

Been envolved with photography since 1979 and have had a large selection of outfits and formats over the years. I haven't had MF digital yet though!
Ed Bray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:26 AM   #403
Super Moderator

In that case get yourself some MF lol, you know you want to.... not quite so convenient though LOL.

What sort of photography are you mainly into now?

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:42 AM   #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1616 View Post
In that case get yourself some MF lol, you know you want to.... not quite so convenient though LOL.

What sort of photography are you mainly into now?
Sorry for the off topic!

Anything really, although I prefer landscapes and portraiture.

I gave up completely for a few years and restarted when I could use my manual Nikon lenses on digital. Changed from Nikon to Canon last year as I wanted to go FF (missed real wide angle) and bought a 5D and a couple of L lenses, I had tried a D3 but was not really enamoured with it but wanted the width!

Since had a 5DMk2 and then a 1DMk3, and when the opportunity came to exchange my 1DMk3 for a 1DsMk3 and £1000 I jumped at it.

My favourite lens is either my 85L MkII for portraits or my 24L TSE MkII which is one of the sharpest lenses I have ever seen.

85L on 5DMk2

24L TSE MkII on 1DsMk3

Old Apr 18, 2010, 11:46 AM   #405
Super Moderator

Fantastic I like the TSE shot of Sainsbury's, I've always wanted a TSE but can't justify it.

I also can't justify the 85mm f1.2 but boy would I love one, I want to get more into natural light rather than flash, my next step is the Sigma 50mm f1.4 as again I can't stretch to f1.2. Also waiting to see what the Sigma 85mm f1.4 is going to be like.

Guessing the grandchildren are pretty well photographed lol.

Have fun everyone!

site or go to my blog.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 12:20 PM   #406

What I love about the TSEs is using tham with LiveView, it's just like using my old 5x4 outfit!
Old Apr 18, 2010, 3:33 PM   #407

My Nursing buddy can't get off the analog cameras. He dislikes DITIGAL. What is your thought on this ed? Just curious. You are obviously a veteran.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 1:18 AM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
My Nursing buddy can't get off the analog cameras. He dislikes DITIGAL. What is your thought on this ed? Just curious. You are obviously a veteran.
I actually prefer the feel of older film cameras and the fact that to get a good image you actually had to need to know what you are doing, but the versatility of digital is terrific, and whilst the advent of digital has damaged the amount of work available to the professional it has allowed a vast number of people to get better photographs than had been previously possible.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:42 AM   #409

Yes I feel bad for pro photographers. It made taking photos much easier for us amateurs. My buddy has the almost exact same thoughts as well.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 19, 2010 at 4:44 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2010, 4:46 AM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Bray View Post
Sorry for the off topic!

Hey, isn't this Sainsbury's in Plymouth ????
Eetu is offline   Reply With Quote