Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old May 8, 2010, 4:32 AM   #451

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
My rubber hood ($ 3.39 with shipping) makes with NO camera vignetting.

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparm...&_sop=15&_sc=1
Okay thanks, $3.40 is cheap, I'll buy one when I buy my camera (After my exams, in a month.)
Arjan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2010, 11:05 AM   #452

The only -ve about these hoods is that they are threaded, not bayonet mount. But the bayonet mount ones are not this inexpensive.
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2010, 11:16 AM   #453

bayonet is not necessary - you must not remove it! fold it ... done!

Of course you can get for same price - or 1 $ more - a plastic/tulip/... -hood. With bayonet or screwable.
DonalDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2010, 12:16 PM   #454

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
bayonet is not necessary - you must not remove it! fold it ... done!

Of course you can get for same price - or 1 $ more - a plastic/tulip/... -hood. With bayonet or screwable.
Yeah, I saw it on Ebay, it could be 10,- but that is still cheap compared to what I see in my local shops (The Netherlands).
Arjan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2010, 4:19 AM   #455

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmacmusic View Post
I should definitely (maybe) have waited..... this looks like it'll suit my hands much better than the Panasonic FZ38 I recently purchased!! I for one am very keen to know what the image quality is like, and if the low-light performance is as good as expected from Fuji.....

Looking at the specs, I'm wondering what the relationship is between this camera and the Sony WX1 (etc) – is it the same backlit CMOS sensor? The high fps capability, 1080i HD and 'auto-panorama' features seem awfully similar.....

My wife is a fan of Fuji compacts. Having read lots of praise for the EXR system, we were totally unimpressed with the F200EXR which we looked at last year as a replacement for our ageing F30 compact. In all our tests, the F30 took better pictures and performed better in low-light – the fact that EXR modes halved the resolution to 6mp meant that even this was the same.... we decided to stick with the F30! Despite the also-just-announced EXR models, I wonder what the adoption of the backlit sensor means for future development...?

Yes, I would like to have seen a larger sensor, faster glass and less zoom reach.... but even so, this is a very interesting beast.

Never get rid off your F30 ! you will never find a better compact like that !! or you can give it to me , i will take good care off it

Last edited by Mark1616; May 9, 2010 at 5:13 AM. Reason: Fixed broken quote code
sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 5:18 AM   #456

Hello to all. I Am Italian and have read with difficulty yours posts because I do not know well l' English. I would want to make a question and to give a my contribution to the argument with regard to the HS10. The question is: you have found of the ideal setting for camera? The contribution is this: http://picasaweb.google.it/msev04 gallery MAY 2010.
These Are some photos taken near my house with the HS10 with various modalities (panorama, priority times and handbook). salutes. Massimiliano
msev04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 10:32 AM   #457

Quote:
Originally Posted by msev04 View Post
Hello to all. I Am Italian and have read with difficulty yours posts because I do not know well l' English. I would want to make a question and to give a my contribution to the argument with regard to the HS10. The question is: you have found of the ideal setting for camera? The contribution is this: http://picasaweb.google.it/msev04 gallery MAY 2010.
These Are some photos taken near my house with the HS10 with various modalities (panorama, priority times and handbook). salutes. Massimiliano
Hello Massimiliano !

Very nice pictures !! I am not shure about your question " that someone has the ideal settings for the HS10 ?" i think that would depend on how you would like to improve your pictures, i can not give you any advice here because you take much better pictures as me

Wich of the pictures are taken with the HS10 ? because the date on some albums is older than the HS10..? and the exif info do have some of them with the pictures ?

never mind about the English, i also make mistakes here.

greetz

Last edited by sprint; May 22, 2010 at 10:35 AM.
sprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2010, 1:51 PM   #458

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint View Post
Hello Massimiliano !

Very nice pictures !! I am not shure about your question " that someone has the ideal settings for the HS10 ?" i think that would depend on how you would like to improve your pictures, i can not give you any advice here because you take much better pictures as me

Wich of the pictures are taken with the HS10 ? because the date on some albums is older than the HS10..? and the exif info do have some of them with the pictures ?

never mind about the English, i also make mistakes here.

greetz
Hello Sprint, thanks for compliments. The photos taken with the HS10 are those of the gallery " May 2010". The other photographies have been released with Canon 30D. Salutes. Massimiliano

Last edited by msev04; May 22, 2010 at 5:54 PM.
msev04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26, 2010, 3:19 PM   #459

DonalDuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2010, 3:57 AM   #460

I have looked all through this thread and Im really curious about what everyone thinks about this camera, like a summary or something. I do have a Nikon P90 and looking to get another super zoom, (a better one, i guess you could say) I'm really liking this Fuji. Any opinions?