Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:35 AM   #481

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2505 View Post
Hopefully, Fuji is monitoring these photography web sites and hearing all the complaints about the lack of a printed manual. In the future, maybe they will rethink their really stupid decision not to include one.

<I cursed Fuji when I first opened the box - 3 quick-start manuals in German, French and Dutch but not English! The pdf file on the cd is a pain as the pages are 7x5 and, as it's protected, you can't edit it or convert to doc in order to print 2 pages on A4 paper, so end up with a 151 page tome.>
Just thought i would mention that most of the ones on ebay.ca do have an actual owners manual. I contacted one of the camera ebay online stores and he confirmed that his does come with an actual manual book form.
Mike6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:37 AM   #482

Quote:
Originally Posted by penolta View Post
All you have to do is put the camera on a tripod.
Well that doesn't quite work out because i take my pictures at some very odd angles that would not be possible using a tripod lol.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 5:43 AM   #483

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
A camera without manual zoom is not a camera. It's an electronical toy for pointers & shoters (old white haired ladies and shaky aged grandpas)
Well i am a shaky white (salt & pepper) haired grandpa lol! Kidding i'm 41 but again you are comparing a BRIDGE camera with a professional camera so that is a biased opinon...
Old Jun 17, 2010, 11:47 AM   #484

Quote:
Oh god. If you have PC, printer, brain ... it's NO problem to get a suitable printed manual for eternal happiness.

I cursed Fuji because I wanted a printed C6-sized manual in North-eastern Kisuaheli language.

The point is that we should not have to print our own manual. A full-blown manual would add no more than a few bob to the price of the camera.

They include a quick-start booklet in 3 other languages, so why not in English?

Judging by the slimness of your instruction booklet, I guess you have been very selective in choosing what pages to print out.
Wardonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 6:39 PM   #485

The point is that we should not have to print our own manual

Says who? Holy Pope Benedict?

Then you should buy a camera with an ENGLISH manual. There are manufacturers, they add booklets in 3 languages, other add NO manual, but on CD in 27 languages.

No, I have printed WHOLE THE BOOK! My Canon printer prints double sided = duplex print. Each Canon ink cartridge ~ € 0.30, 500 sheet A4 paper ~ € 3.50

Last edited by DonalDuc; Jun 17, 2010 at 6:41 PM.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2010, 8:48 PM   #486

Oh, I see now. I should go and buy a duplex printer, a ream of paper and binder just to print out a hard copy of instructions for this camera. Not everyone has a computer let alone a printer.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 2:52 AM   #487

If you have a printer for long time, then you have to use it. Otherwise it is a dusk collecting toy.

A printer without duplex & CD/DVD/BluRay printing also is a toy like a HelloKittyCam.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2010, 6:23 AM   #488

Quote:
If you have a printer for long time, then you have to use it. Otherwise it is a dusk collecting toy.

A printer without duplex & CD/DVD/BluRay printing also is a toy like a HelloKittyCam.
Well, that relegated my three printers to the trash then, eh? Solid advice!
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 2010, 1:16 PM   #489

Default new HS10 owner

Hi all , new to forum , lots of good advice , on which i based my first bridge camera.
always had a point and shoot but wanted more. based on what ive read i bought an HS10.. OMG how impressed am I..... .....
took some scabby pics at first when just playin but then i hit this pic.... seriously this is about the 3rd serious pic ive taken knowing nothing about photography..now im hooked and what to learn how to get the most out of this baby. this pic is straight off the camera, no cropping and in jpg. (by the way, why are so many people bitchin so much, for one , If i dont need a manual then no one does :~ and secondly. its half the price of a good dslr,, chill out guys and enjoy the cam)
Attached Images

Last edited by pegasusuk; Jun 20, 2010 at 1:41 PM.
pegasusuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23, 2010, 12:55 PM   #490

Nice pic, PegasusUK

re: Earlier discussion about suitability of a screen shade. I bought the Delkin 3" shade/screen protector from Amazon and can assure anyone who is thinking of getting one that it fits perfectly on the HS10.