Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:41 PM   #491

Default Just ordered one and i'm very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
High Resolution super wide Fujinon 30x optical zoom (24-720mm) with manual (mechanical) zoom
True wide-angle and extreme telephoto capture in a single compact unit
Triple image stabilisation (sensor shift IS, high ISO IS, Digital IS)
10 MP BSI CMOS sensor with advanced shooting modes and high image quality
3.0” High Resolution tilting LCD
Electronic Viewfinder with eye-sensor for automatic switching
High speed 10 fps continuous shooting at full resolution and new motion-tracking auto focus
Full HD (1080p) movie capture with stereo sound
Super High Speed movie capture at 1000 fps
Motion Panorama mode for ‘one shot’ sweeping panoramas
Advanced capture modes including unique Motion Remover mode that removes tourists and other moving objects from your photographs
Direct Shooting Command buttons and Command dial put advanced photographic features at your fingertips
RAW and JPEG capture modes

Hey guys! I just ordered a Fuji HS10 from http://www.swiftgamers.com/Articles.asp?ID=134
and i'm very excited and anxious to get it! These things were SOLD OUT completely for a couple weeks on ebay. Hopefully i don't have any problems like the defective Nikon P100 cameras
Mike6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 8:50 PM   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike6969 View Post
Hey guys! I just ordered a Fuji HS10 from http://www.swiftgamers.com/Articles.asp?ID=134
and i'm very excited and anxious to get it! These things were SOLD OUT completely for a couple weeks on ebay. Hopefully i don't have any problems like the defective Nikon P100 cameras
Just be sure to do your firmware upgrades and take some time to get to know it before throwing in the towel on it. It's a great camera.
My Gallery

--
Hebrews 13:3
gjtoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:39 PM   #493

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Just be sure to do your firmware upgrades and take some time to get to know it before throwing in the towel on it. It's a great camera.
I doubt very much it will have the same problem as the nikon P100 because of the very reason it has manual zoom and i had such a frustrating experience getting refund for a 2nd Nikon lemon that i will keep it even if is doesn't even power up at all. I didn't throw the towel in on the Nikon P100'S.... they copped out on quality on that model and i'm far from the only one discovering how bad they work. Check google
Old Jul 2, 2010, 4:51 AM   #494

Default Macro and Zoom

The macro and zoom both seem to be amazing on the HS10 from the pics i've seen posted on here and those are the two most important features for me
The macro was not great on the Nikon P100 at all and even my old Sony Mavica was better so this will be a definate improvement.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 6:53 AM   #495

That's true. Zoom MUST be manual!
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2010, 4:10 AM   #496

Hi guys, I picked up an HS10 last week (one that had been on display for a few days at Comet because there was a 4 week wait, I spent 20mins going over it to make sure it was perfect) having owned an S5600 for a few years and have some questions. Is there any point buying a hood and filters? I have a 4gb sdhc card (cheap brand) what card could you recommend to improve write speed? Is the camera supposed to make any noise when switching between camera mode and preview mode as I get the feeling something moves inside the camera. Is there any particular type of battery you would recommend as I got about 200 shot sout the the supplied Panasonic AA, but I was playing with the high speed video, which by the way looks nothing like I have seen posted online because the video is dark and low res at higer FPS.
Just a few shots taken last weekend, haven't had much time to play due to work.

At 720mm

Sunset mode

Again at 720mm

Macro

Macro

Panorama mode

Last edited by Kenzie; Jul 3, 2010 at 4:56 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:48 AM   #497

Default Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Hi guys, I picked up an HS10 last week (one that had been on display for a few days at Comet because there was a 4 week wait, I spent 20mins going over it to make sure it was perfect) having owned an S5600 for a few years and have some questions. Is there any point buying a hood and filters? I have a 4gb sdhc card (cheap brand) what card could you recommend to improve write speed? Is the camera supposed to make any noise when switching between camera mode and preview mode as I get the feeling something moves inside the camera. Is there any particular type of battery you would recommend as I got about 200 shot sout the the supplied Panasonic AA, but I was playing with the high speed video, which by the way looks nothing like I have seen posted online because the video is dark and low res at higer FPS.
Just a few shots taken last weekend, haven't had much time to play due to work.

At 720mm

Sunset mode

Again at 720mm

Macro

Macro

Panorama mode

Nice close-up shot of the leaf. I'm definately no expert but i know you should have at least a speed 6 SDHC card if you are going to shoot video's and a speed 10 would be even better. Panasonic makes the speed 10 ones and maybe a couple other companies. I ordered a professional wide angle lense 0.45x with built in macro for mine because i want the ultimate macro shots. I sell collectibles on ebay and i need to be able to bring in those very tiny "sterling" ect..marks up close. I also order a hood because when you are trying to get some great pics and the sun is facing you,it doesn't turn out very well at times. I might buy a 3 piece filter kit too soon.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 7:49 AM   #498

That's just normal macro, super macro would have been better. Where can I find info on card speeds and what would be a good buy. Also where could I find an LCD hood in the UK as I was tring to use the lcd in bright light and struggled.

24mm

720mm

Super macro (bad light)

And high speed video (480fps then 1000fps)

Last edited by Kenzie; Jul 4, 2010 at 7:53 AM.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 1:19 PM   #499

Default SD card speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Where can I find info on card speeds and what would be a good buy.
From a very useful thread in the Pentax dslr Forum:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/pe...ass-10-k7.html

(This reply could be a sticky in the Memory Card Forum: )

Quote:
Jul 2, 2010, 5:50 PM #5
dnas

Here's the speeds for classes:

Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s)
Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s)
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s)
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s)

This is the guaranteed MINIMUM transfer rate.

The older speed rating was based on the transfer rate of a CD, which is 150KB/s.
So a 150x SD card is 150K x 150 = 22.5MB/s

So looking at the above, the MINIMUM transfer is equivalent to:
Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s) = 13x
Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s) = 26x
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s) = 39x
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s) = 66x

The range of speed could be:
Class 2: 16 Mbit/s (2 MB/s) = 13x - 25x
Class 4: 32 Mbit/s (4 MB/s) = 26x - 38x
Class 6: 48 Mbit/s (6 MB/s) = 39x - 51x (I think the last figure is right, just under what would be class 8)
Class 10: 80 Mbit/s (10 MB/s) = 66x +

However, before Class 10 was around, some Class 6 SDHC cards had speeds probably close to, or exceeding Class 10.

It should be noted that a lot of Class 10 SDHC cards would be way slower than an old 150x SD card.

SO it's true that not all Class 10, or even Class 6 cards are equal!!

Last edited by penolta; Jul 4, 2010 at 1:24 PM.
penolta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:16 PM   #500

Awesome pics.
Koolpc is offline   Reply With Quote