Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:48 PM   #501

Just got it today and it's awesome )) The zoom on this baby is incredible as is the macro! Super macro boggles my mind haha! The only weakness i see so far is the built in flash. I took pics with the Nikon in pitch black or almost using the built-in flash and now the Fuji which isn't even close but that doesn't bother me because i don't take alot of pics at night anyway and if i need to i can buy an aftermarket flash anyway so...so far excellent!
Mike6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 12:17 AM   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike6969 View Post
Hey guys! I just ordered a Fuji HS10 from http://www.swiftgamers.com/Articles.asp?ID=134
and i'm very excited and anxious to get it! These things were SOLD OUT completely for a couple weeks on ebay. Hopefully i don't have any problems like the defective Nikon P100 cameras
My guess is that new ones will become more and more scarce on ebay unless Fuji cuts its price to dealers. I just checked the "completed listings", and most of the HS10's went unsold. With the price drop since introduction, dealers' margins are getting smaller and smaller. If the cameras aren't selling at current prices (and "completed listings" proves that they aren't), prices will have to come down even further. If dealer margins become razor thin or nonexistent, they'll simply clear out inventory and not restock.
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:14 AM   #503

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2505 View Post
My guess is that new ones will become more and more scarce on ebay unless Fuji cuts its price to dealers. I just checked the "completed listings", and most of the HS10's went unsold. With the price drop since introduction, dealers' margins are getting smaller and smaller. If the cameras aren't selling at current prices (and "completed listings" proves that they aren't), prices will have to come down even further. If dealer margins become razor thin or nonexistent, they'll simply clear out inventory and not restock.
The cheapest seller here in Canada is selling his for $439.99 with FREE SHIPPING and he has no problem selling his because i tried to get one and he was all sold out for about 2 weeks but he just got another batch in.
I got mine at
https://www.swiftgamers.com/shoppingcart.asp?Check=True
which seemed cheaper at first until you added the shipping cost,insurance ect... total was $506.99

By the way,you guys were right. There no actual owners manual (darn)! Only a basic start manual and the owners manual is a CD Rom PDF...even though both swift gamers and ebay sellers "think" there is an actual book paper manual.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 4:18 AM   #504

I really wish i could upload some pics here but i only have VERY SLOW dial-up internet ((
That's also a huge problem for me selling on ebay. It takes me half the day to list 5-6 things on ebay because the pics take so long to load.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 8:58 AM   #505

"By the way,you guys were right. There no actual owners manual (darn)! Only a basic start manual and the owners manual is a CD Rom PDF...even though both swift gamers and ebay sellers "think" there is an actual book paper manual."

Yeah, unless Fuji lives in a bubble, they have to realize by now that their decision to not include a printed manual was very shortsighted; but I guess we won't know until their next superzoom model is introduced if they "got the message".
lucky2505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 9:32 AM   #506

Default No coffee shops?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike6969 View Post
I really wish i could upload some pics here but i only have VERY SLOW dial-up internet ((
That's also a huge problem for me selling on ebay. It takes me half the day to list 5-6 things on ebay because the pics take so long to load.
When I go to the cottage, we don't have internet. I go into town every day anyway so I bring my netbook and check a few things. I was even able to watch a short video! I didn't expect that kind of bandwidth.
frank-in-toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 5:19 AM   #507

Taking into consideration that i'm an amature and don't undertand all the settings and terms. What would be the best setting for me to use MACRO and SUPER MACRO ? I take alot of pictures of very small hallmarks on sterling silver,gold ect... which are extremely small and i'm not sure which user setting to use for this on the hs10.
So far from experimenting a bit with it this morning,it seems to be either "SR AUTO" or the "C" user setting but i wonder if there is not another setting that i can get even closer shots..??

Any help would be appeciated

Michael
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:16 AM   #508

I also would like to know if there is a way i can save the zoomed in image or picture in play mode..???

If i can do that it would be perfect! Unfortunately i tried by pressing ok/menu hoping it would save the zoomed in pic and it just goes back to the original so is there another way to save it
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:00 AM   #509

I think the super macro allows you to get in really close

Although you would need good lighting! Back with an HS10 now, had one that went faulty, got a D5000 and didn't like it so got another HS10.

By the way, came across this as I have lost the hotshoe cover already and it might come in handy for some people. Click here .
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2010, 7:23 AM   #510

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote