Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:13 PM   #81
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonalDuc View Post
Agree! Some know what Fuji's engineers should make better, what's wrong with HS10, sensor is toooo small, IQ is toooo low ... and so on.

These guru-DIY-engineers should work with Fuji - than we'll get the ultimate camera
and who would be able to afford a 30x zoom with a bigger sensor that has better IQ, and who could carry that around.. lol
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:14 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinniethehun View Post
Shoturtle,

Why did you even enter this thread? You have no interest in a bridge cam, do you? You just wanted to entertain us with your wealth of knowledge, as you have throughout this forum, didn’t you?

You started with,

“Actually that is just ok if you can only get 700 between battery change. The pentax DSLR K-x gets 1200 shot with 4 AA rechargeable batteries and 1400 with lithium disposable one. I would expect more form a smaller camera a smaller sensor then 700.”

I asked you to come up with 3 bridge cameras that get more than 700 shots per charge with AA batteries...I’m still waiting. Why is it, when someone shoots a hole in one of your well educated theories, you always change the subject? You never come back and answer the question...because you can’t - so you change the subject. Where is my list of cameras? I’m not impressed with the fact you own a DSLR, or you can borrow your brother’s DSLR any time you want. I don’t care how many shots you can get with your DSLR or his. This is a thread about a new bridge camera, which you chose to knock - so I’d like to know - which bridge cameras are better? You seem to know that a smaller camera with a smaller sensor will get more shots per charge than 700 - so tell me which ones - put up or shut up! Or admit you’re wrong...but you can’t do that, can you?

Then you tell us that by using mathematics, you can prove that strictly from a pixel density perspective, DSLRs are superior to P&S cameras. You said,

“If you look at it from a purely math stand point, there is no way a high end bridge camera with the 1/1.6 can even match a 4/3 sensor let alone a aps-c. Both will out perform base on the math of pixel density to sq area.”

“But since I am not a pixel counter. I just go with the math, and it does not lie.”

Then when I give you an example where your logic is flawed, you come back with,

“You are just doing a tongue and cheek answer. You need to compare apples to apples not apples to oranges. So you need to use 2009/2010 in the caparison.”

Why do I need to use 2009/2010? Has mathematics changed in the last couple of years? Has mathematics changed in the last century? Your camera has a pixel density of 4.5MP/cm², and mine has a pixel density of 2MP/cm². Therefore, according to YOUR logic, my camera has to have superior image quality. If that is not true, then your previous statement was incorrect - you were wrong. Can this be possible? Could you have erred? Could you logic be flawed?

And you should take your own advice...you were trying to compare a 2006 bridge camera to a 2009 DSLR - that’s fair...

the Hun
Both the fuji and the k-x are 4 cell AA. One get 700 which is ok, the other get 1100. Very simple to see that 700 is okay. One just seems to be able to do with less juice.

Also, I did not say that it is not a good camera. I have not used it. K-x will came out in Nov 2009, this fuji will be out around april 2010.

But if you want lets compare sensors of the bridge from 2006 to a 2006 XTi. The XSi still out performs it never the less.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 3:59 PM   #83

shoturtle,

Again, you evade direct questions. You should be a politician!

You said,

"Both the fuji and the k-x are 4 cell AA. One get 700 which is ok, the other get 1100. Very simple to see that 700 is okay."

The K-x is a DSLR. As I previously stated, I don't care how many shots a DSLR gets. You criticized the battery life of a bridge camera, so I'm going to ask you again...name 3 bridge cameras that can get more than 700 shots per charge on AA batteries.

You also failed to respond to my math question. I'll ask it again, in case you forgot.

You said,

“If you look at it from a purely math stand point, there is no way a high end bridge camera with the 1/1.6 can even match a 4/3 sensor let alone a aps-c. Both will out perform base on the math of pixel density to sq area.”

I proved your theory wrong when I compared the Powershot 350 to the T1i. According to your theory, the Powershot 350 should have better IQ than the T1i. You said purely from a math standpoint - were you wrong?

I'll be happy to compare sensors with you when you answer my questions. I have nothing to worry about...

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:08 PM   #84

Hun, just admit you want to continue this nonsense. Sensor size is a big factor that have been mention time and time again, it is all about the math form an engineering stand point. There is no way around it. You pack them in to tight, it becomes an issue. The math does not lie.

At that note, I have not said the new fuji is a bad thing performer in any post. So I am deciding to let you keep going on and on if you like. This has gotten trying.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:35 PM   #85

"Hun, just admit you want to continue this nonsense. Sensor size is a big factor that have been mention time and time again, it is all about the math form an engineering stand point. There is no way around it. You pack them in to tight, it becomes an issue. The math does not lie."

I just want you to answer my questions. Your refusal to answer is nonsense.

I would also like you to stop running amok on these forums, spewing nonsense, and acting like you're some kind of photographic expert - you're not.

...and I'd like a straight answer to my questions - c'mon - I'm still waiting...

the Hun
Old Feb 6, 2010, 4:46 PM   #86

4 AA cells with the same capacity in two difference camera. One take 1100 shot that other members have confirm, one take 700 no one played with yet. That means the larger camera has less draw on the batteries to accomplish the same task, thus giving it the ability to last longer. That said. 700 shot is just ok giving that it is a smaller camera, but that it seems to draw more from the batteries. Base on what is know, that seems to be the fact.

Now lets look at this new camera with 1/1.16, will it be able to match a 12mp 4/3 sensor in IQ or low light ability. Yes or No. There is more surface area on the 4/3 sensor the on the 1/1.16 sensor. With what we know there is a optima pixel count for sq nano meter. If you take that optima ratio and place it a 4/3 and a 1/1.16. Which one will perform better. You answer that question. And you will know my answer.

If you want to be the guru, go right ahead.

Last edited by shoturtle; Feb 6, 2010 at 7:01 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:37 PM   #87

You still didn't answer my questions...

the Hun
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:53 PM   #88

I did, there is no way that a bridge camera from the same generation can match as dslr of the same gen. if each tile has the same size pixel. You can put more tiles on the larger sensor then a smaller one, and you maintain the ideal distance between the pixels. the bridge camera will not match the dslr.

And you are still answering mine.
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:53 PM   #89

I don't know about you guys but just the other week, I took around 1200 pictures on my s200exr. And a week later, I still had a half a charge. As a matter of fact, I just took a few more pictures.

The math doesn't add up at all. It depends on usage. It depends on how you tell the motors how to respond to focus as well as metering and backlights. Once you get your camera tweaked, you can go beyond 2000 pictures like I can so stop blasting nonsense here.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2010, 6:58 PM   #90

1200 shoots, that is impressive.