Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:14 AM   #1

Default Fuji HS10 - wow!

High Resolution super wide Fujinon 30x optical zoom (24-720mm) with manual (mechanical) zoom
True wide-angle and extreme telephoto capture in a single compact unit
Triple image stabilisation (sensor shift IS, high ISO IS, Digital IS)
10 MP BSI CMOS sensor with advanced shooting modes and high image quality
3.0” High Resolution tilting LCD
Electronic Viewfinder with eye-sensor for automatic switching
High speed 10 fps continuous shooting at full resolution and new motion-tracking auto focus
Full HD (1080p) movie capture with stereo sound
Super High Speed movie capture at 1000 fps
Motion Panorama mode for ‘one shot’ sweeping panoramas
Advanced capture modes including unique Motion Remover mode that removes tourists and other moving objects from your photographs
Direct Shooting Command buttons and Command dial put advanced photographic features at your fingertips
RAW and JPEG capture modes

DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:27 AM   #2

I want one!

the Hun
rinniethehun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 11:38 AM   #3

this camera is a thing of beauty-and you cant beat the price-if you are afuji fan it should be your mission in life to do whatever you have to do to obtain this camera, if you must beg , borrow or steal in order to get one then so be it-this is the camera the fan boys have been waiting for AND with a fujinon lens on it-today is a great day in fuji nation!!
nomad147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:41 PM   #4

Default interesting set of new cameras

new cameras

http://techland.com/2010/02/02/fuji-...gital-cameras/
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:54 PM   #5
Super Moderator

yea, i just got done reading about that HS10, it looks quite amazing.
Hards80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:08 PM   #6

The HS10 looks like a terrific camera... and just might be the first fixed-lens megazoom that really competes with low-end DSLRs without actually being one itself.

The sensor is still point-and-shoot small (1/2.3) but I'm willing to give Fujifilm the benefit of the doubt right now. Perhaps their backlit CMOS sensor, combined with the latest image processing algorithms, will make the difference.

In terms of features, one certainly can't ask for more. Okay - I'd really would have liked more resolution in the LCD and EVF. But I'll have to actually seem them in person before passing judgement.

I wonder what camera response is like? That's another area that still separates DSLRs from even the best point-and-shoot cameras.

On paper, the HS10 seems to blow away all other P&S megazooms - even the best from Canon and Panasonic. It would be absolutely fantastic if image quality and response were lifted out of the class entirely - creating a genuine "bridge" camera. The creation of micro four-thirds and other EVILs like the Samsung NX10 makes this absolutely necessary.

I say this not to be negative. But the HS10 is clearly intended to be a serious photographer's camera and one can buy a Panasonic G1 for not much more money. Granted, you need additional lenses with the G1 which is a big plus for this camera. But I think you know what I mean when I say there is now competition for Fujifilm that wasn't there two years ago.

If the HS10 delivers the goods in terms of image quality (What do you think? 80% of micro four-thirds? Halfway between the Canon SX20 and micro four-thirds?) then it will make a solid case for itself as an alternative to EVILs and maybe even low-end DSLRs. Here's hoping anyway.

Last edited by Biro; Feb 2, 2010 at 1:15 PM.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 1:22 PM   #7

MECHANICAL zoom - thumbs up!

http://www.youtube.com/user/fujiguys#p/u/20/erELquZMNMA
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 2:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biro View Post
The HS10 looks like a terrific camera... and just might be the first fixed-lens megazoom that really competes with low-end DSLRs without actually being one itself.

The sensor is still point-and-shoot small (1/2.3) but I'm willing to give Fujifilm the benefit of the doubt right now. Perhaps their backlit CMOS sensor, combined with the latest image processing algorithms, will make the difference.

In terms of features, one certainly can't ask for more. Okay - I'd really would have liked more resolution in the LCD and EVF. But I'll have to actually seem them in person before passing judgement.

I wonder what camera response is like? That's another area that still separates DSLRs from even the best point-and-shoot cameras.

On paper, the HS10 seems to blow away all other P&S megazooms - even the best from Canon and Panasonic. It would be absolutely fantastic if image quality and response were lifted out of the class entirely - creating a genuine "bridge" camera. The creation of micro four-thirds and other EVILs like the Samsung NX10 makes this absolutely necessary.

I say this not to be negative. But the HS10 is clearly intended to be a serious photographer's camera and one can buy a Panasonic G1 for not much more money. Granted, you need additional lenses with the G1 which is a big plus for this camera. But I think you know what I mean when I say there is now competition for Fujifilm that wasn't there two years ago.

If the HS10 delivers the goods in terms of image quality (What do you think? 80% of micro four-thirds? Halfway between the Canon SX20 and micro four-thirds?) then it will make a solid case for itself as an alternative to EVILs and maybe even low-end DSLRs. Here's hoping anyway.

ya don't compare the canon sx20 to the fujifilm ones especially the s200exr. It's pretty insulting. They are good cameras but i tested samples and It's just not good enough.

80 percent sounds just about right to a DSLR.

What I'm wondering is if it uses exr ccd sensor or is this reserved for the end of the year model? perhaps an s10exr? hmmm....

Last edited by Cresho; Feb 2, 2010 at 2:16 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 2:18 PM   #9

OK great. I just bought a S200EXR. I don't really need a HI-DEF video cam as I already have a Sanyo HD1010. But this does sound intriguing I suppose. Ignorant as I am about this stuff as yet I get the impression that except for the mega zoom lens this thing isn't as capable or sophisticated a camera as the S200EXR? Or am I wrong.

Bob
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2010, 2:32 PM   #10

I think this camera is more of an update to the s100fs. It has no exr as far as i can tell but i didnt do enough reading of course.

the plus on this camera is the tilt screen and the 30x zoom. I doubt the high definition portion would look any better than my sanyo hd1000.

Ill stick with my s200exr until a s300exr pops out or a s300 superccd equivalent. Funny thing here is I don't use the exr capabilities. I'm always shooting in p mode. I'm probably a hs10.....LOL!

Last edited by Cresho; Feb 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM.