Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 4, 2010, 10:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordons View Post
5 of my friends have the F70EXR now - all of them rank amateurs - and all of them are delighted with their new cameras. I recommended using EXR mode for the first few weeks. I told them that after that, they could try changing to AUTO and setting the ISO to 400 instead of the default 1600 ISO.

Guess it depends on whether the user is expecting to get Pro grade photos out-of-the-box or whether they are starting out with normal point and shoot usage.

As with any new camera, I also recommend that if they want to get serious with photography, they should take a course. There are many on-line that are decent to give them a better grasp of the technology and terms as well as composition and lighting.

So from my personal point of view, I think that the F70EXR is definitely a good starting point for most people.

LOL!!! how does an amature know a good picture when they see one?
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2010, 11:13 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjtoth View Post
Only if you'd be willing to take the time to use it to it's fullest advantage. "Automatic" in most cases just isn't going to get the best out of this camera.

I agree with this guy!

You can use for point n shoot but your results will be much better if you take the time to actually prepare some settings you become comfortable with. After that, then it feels like point n shoot.

the automatic of the s200exr sucks badly. After figuring out how I like to use my camera, I love it. its more automatic with a few touches here and there. Very good camera. Same with the 70exr.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 5, 2010, 1:16 AM   #13

Default i second that emotion

the f70exr is a great camera....you just need to take the time to learn it (and practice using it!)

maryintexas39
Panasonic DMC-LX5/Panasonic Lumix ZS9/Panasonic Lumix ZS15

my flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maryintexas39/
maryintexas39 is offline   Reply With Quote