Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 22, 2010, 8:01 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinniethehun View Post
staats (Bob),

“You may be right about futzing with too many settings but your attitude certainly isn't very helpful.”

And what attitude might that be? Is that a good attitude or a bad attitude? And how did you determine that from my reply to your post?

The Hun
I think your idea of a photography class is valid and something I plan later this summer. There is certainly a lot for me to learn about digital photography. No argument there.

Now as to your attitude in your initial post, it simply reeks of condescension and arrogance. So if that "Giant Incandescent Light Bulb" hasn't switched on for you yet as to why I perceived your post that way maybe I can offer YOU some help here.

http://www.dalecarnegie.com/golden_b...=GoldenBook_hp

It's free!

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 12:08 PM   #22

Here's a post that may be general help with the EXR settings etc.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=34848813
2raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:00 PM   #23

Crazy, I had the same impression when I read it the first time. It felt like an attack or perhaps the tone was a bit hard. But we all know that reading something gives you a certain impression and varies between people. but ill give him this much, i can unlock DR mode streight accross the board but why bother if you get some noise.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2raj View Post
Here's a post that may be general help with the EXR settings etc.
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=34848813

LOL. I read this. The guy clearly does not understand. Resizing pictures takes a major toll on an image. It requires special algorhythm to resize an image which any of the major players such as photoshop LACKS. I don't know what he used but when resizing, I use lanczos algorithm in gimp to retain as much detail as possible when resizing. He clearly stated nothing and so people assume. My experience is I get sharperresults--err well looks the same. and lets see if i have time to prove this

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 22, 2010 at 2:04 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 1:26 PM   #25

Hey staats, Instead of fiddling with your camera so much, reset the camera, put it in exr, take pictures in resolution priority and post some shots here. EXR is better than automatic mode. You will take pictures in EXR mode at the highest resolution possible which is 12mp in exr mode.

There is even a EXR auto which is way better than automatic. just keep the iso aroud 400

Im not kidding, I borrowed my girlfriend and I told her to take pictures. They all look good. she doesnt know anything about cameras. Use EXR mode and choose exr mode->exr auto

Take a few shots and post em here. I am curious and maybee your camera is hosed.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 22, 2010 at 1:44 PM.
Old Mar 22, 2010, 3:37 PM   #26

I've done just that but no pictures for a couple days due to the weather here.

I'll take a whole set on autofocus which the Auto of the EXR modes forces.

Then maybe I'll try the D-Range with some autofocus and some manual focus.

ISO is AUTO for EXR in AUTO Mode. No 200, 400 ...

For EXR D-Range ISO AUTO(400) is possible though.

Sound like a plan?

Failing that I suppose I could do like you and get a girlfriend. Wife might have something to say about that ...

Bob S.

Last edited by staats; Mar 22, 2010 at 4:48 PM.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22, 2010, 4:08 PM   #27

I'd be interested in seeing your results too.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 3:50 PM   #28

Hey,

It's been a few days since I posted on this issue and boy! Didn't things get a bit hot and bothered?! :-p

Bob, I had totally forgotten about the focus check setting and the 30/60 FPS - I remember diligently trawling through every page of the S200EXR user manual and coming across this and adjusting as I thought best, but I've totally forgotten about it and probably reset the camera since that so I'm going to have a look tomorrow when it's daylight and mess around with that, perhaps it will help my focus issues, so cheers for the tip!

I actually came back to the forum to ask Cresho about RAW support for this camera (as I think it was he who was looking into it? Maybe I'm wrong!) If I can't find an appropriate thread I'll lazily star a new one.. :-)

Anyway, I notice people here post some sample shots but I can't be bothered trawling through mine to choose ones that illustrate certain things so I'll post a link to my flick photostream here where all photos were taken with the S200EXR - MY FLICKR

Later,

Joanna
fibbling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23, 2010, 4:18 PM   #29

very ...very....very ....very....one more....very nice fibbling. I rarely say that. I only said it once and it was here. Excellent shots. I havent seen anybody in the pany forums take shots this nice probably because you have more expirience.

the fujifilm cameras are for special people I believe. It is a bridge camera and not a dslr. It's like wrapping your body around "cheap" silk but it is silk none the less.

I can do HDR but I have not had anytime to take a nice long drive. I live in the middle of a city and its like all I see is junk. So either I take backyard shots or park shots, or Night shots. I was going to do a park shot but it has been cloudy and kinda not right. I wanted to do city night shots but I work night shits...lol

I am waiting to do beach shots when i get a chance and maybee HDR around the area. Not taken the time yet. I just purchased a class 2 16gb sd card which can store around 500 jpg and raw forgot if it was each or both.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 23, 2010 at 4:28 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2010, 4:53 PM   #30

Amazing pictures Joanna. Great job.