Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Mar 27, 2010, 11:59 AM   #51

Hey staats! Your Pictures look way better. Are you using exr with high resolution priority? or automatic.? I think you are starting to find a sweet spot on your camera that fits you.

hey staats, try using the exr with resolution priority for day shots and the full automatic exr for nights with flash if desired. what
's her name made a good suggestion to you a few threads back...she been missing in action.

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 27, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 4:20 PM   #52

I'm not too sure about that yet but Fibbling's suggestions are what I'll try out next. Sort of work the corners on the EXR modes for a while.

Those were all all full automatic EXR. The light was disappearing fast and I had no time to set anything up.

No chance for new detailed shots today as all my time was spent in meetings at the auto restoration shop. Too bad too as there were some spectactular cars there too. Oh well.

Bob S.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2010, 5:08 PM   #53

you should see my 1926 all original model t. I should post some pics.
Old Mar 27, 2010, 5:39 PM   #54

Default Off Topic

That, is ancient. By all means post it. I was into 1930's American cars when I was in my 20's and gradually moved towards Italian cars. Here's one I own. Not my photo either.

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/Lam...9_Belle-06.jpg
Old Mar 27, 2010, 9:29 PM   #55

that is a sweet car. I'll post some pictures tomorrow using exr and flash or combo. I can't take it out of the garage so ill do it in the afternoon.

I use to play a video game called GT legends. It had all the major classics. Very excellent game.

http://www.simbin.se/games/gtl.htm

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...4520937779289#

runs supreme on a good pc especially on a 65 inch monitor

Last edited by Cresho; Mar 27, 2010 at 9:41 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 6:10 PM   #56

Default wth all the bubbub about the HS10 Here's something else

So I've been trying to get some pictures of my parakeets on their cage in what is a really difficult spot to photograph them. Right in front of an east facing window. I thought it would be a good challenge for me. Especially this bird whose color tends make her disappear in bright lighting. This time I'm setting much more of the options myself and it seems to have worked.
Having to downsize it from 4MB doesn't help.n It really shows up much better on the original. You can blow it up and count the scales on this dinosaur decendants feet!
Attached Images

Last edited by staats; Apr 24, 2010 at 6:13 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:20 PM   #57

your bird shot is soothing. Looks like he is resting.

Here are some shots of the model t but the garage is still a mess. Ill post some taken with s200exr later. these are cellphone shots.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 24, 2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:21 PM   #58

ohh..and a fixed picture. just added 50 percent sharp to compensate for forum mess. If your having issues, reset camera and try again. You nailed this one and believe me when I tell you, I spend days and hundreds of shots just to get some perfect ones. This is completely normal. I mean hundreds of shots I get nice shots but for the pefect ones with the wow factor takes a bit more time.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 24, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:42 PM   #59

Some examples of wow and nice shots I talk about. To get the closeup shot, I set the f-stop to i think 2.8 and I adjusted the shutter with my thumb. I stood back a bit and zoomed in with the lense to get the blur background. Sun was hitting it very hard and ... well it has been a while and can't remember what I did but I get alot of these. It has some blown spots and oversaturated color but my eyes like it.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 24, 2010 at 11:55 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:16 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresho View Post
ohh..and a fixed picture. just added 50 percent sharp to compensate for forum mess. If your having issues, reset camera and try again. You nailed this one and believe me when I tell you, I spend days and hundreds of shots just to get some perfect ones. This is completely normal. I mean hundreds of shots I get nice shots but for the pefect ones with the wow factor takes a bit more time.
Hey, you have a bird just like mine ...