Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Fujifilm

Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:33 AM   #61

This bird is perfectly camouflaged for this type of lighting and I find it very hard to see details on her up close in person which is why she is named Cloud. Peaceful, ha! She's over-sized and bit of a bruiser. Beats up the other bird.

The original photo shows the details quite nicely when you zoom in and there's no noise so so given the flood light background I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out. Spot metering and focus were used and I had to aim the camera very carefully so that both were acceptably aligned with the bird. I noticed that even slight movements changed the display on the LCD quite a bit. Taken from about 8 ft away. I used a tripod and the 2 second timer to eliminate any shake. But given the exposure time I probably didn't need to. It just made the composure a lot easier. With the lens of HS10 I wouldn't have distracted the birds quite so much. Lens envy ...

I need to get some pp software. I'm using a freebie batch re-sizer which is OK but it certainly degraded the shot going from 4MB to 256K.

Last edited by staats; Apr 25, 2010 at 7:51 AM.
staats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:36 AM   #62

I think they are twins. Try playing with the aperture priority and thumb dial to a higher number like 9 through 11. Maybe DOF if bothering you. I. Been using various settings but auto is not one I choose at all.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 25, 2010 at 11:02 AM.
Cresho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25, 2010, 7:48 AM   #63

So some shots of the car with the s200EXR???

Whats the story (they all have stories) with the car. Here's one of my race car (currently with the engine out and about to get painted) that I found interesting. This photographer has some interesting projects. He did one of the Enola Gay for the Smithsonian.

Here's another.
Attached Images

Last edited by staats; Apr 25, 2010 at 9:08 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 8:49 AM   #64

That is a nice shot. Definitely using aperture priority and I may add some sort of lens attachment. It could be done in aperture mode.

Using my phone to view pics at the moment. I'm a nurse and take quick breaks during the nights to keep me awake. I seem like a forum troll but I'm not. Lol. Seriously, reading up on things you like to do will definitely wake you up.

So this was taken on a s200exr? I believe it. I done some shots with my car parked using aperture priority.

edit....not aperture priority after viewing with my pc. LOL

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 25, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 9:03 AM   #65

Oh no this was a big time pro photographer who was invited to this Ferrari track event in Summit Point WV. He was helping out my wife who was trying in vain to get some shots of me in the car with our FF 6900Z. A hopelessly too slow camera but I didn't have it set properly either. Check out his website. I think the Enola Gay stuff is still there? Here's another but I see that the forum software blurred it up a bit. Hmm. I haven't noticed this as much on other car oriented forums?
Attached Images

Last edited by staats; Apr 25, 2010 at 9:07 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:01 AM   #66

Default How did Palermo get those blurr effectts?

In the two motion shots you can see the front, rear and even the roof of the car are blurred. I understand moving the camera with the car so that the car remains sharp and the background gets blurred. But I know that he shot this from above at a very short distance from the car. That's hard to keep on the car and get a shot. I'm just wondering if these were actually static looking high speed shots and he blurred stuff after the fact.

The burred portions of the car seem to suggest that to me?

I was going 130 mph when I drove past that point. He was 40 ft away and above.

Bob S.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 11:21 AM   #67

I just got home and checked these shots out on my pc. WOW they are hard for this camera in particular. 130mph? sheesh. s200exr can do continous but the problem is each frame is frozen on the lcd during capture which makes you loose track of your subject. Why they did this is beyond me.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 25, 2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 5:40 PM   #68

I was going to take my car out for a wash and use that as a basis. For now, I'll post 2 quick shots I did in my backyard.

the first one is pro-focus done in the sp mode. The second was aperture priority or manual mode. I'll redo these again using my car as a basis to create the blurr background when the sun looks nicer. It is dark and gloomy right now. the camera has a built in blur setting. I just bumped into it this morning as I was inspecting those shots from your friend. I'll do the aperture and the pro focus using my car as a comparison.
Attached Images

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 25, 2010 at 5:46 PM.
Old Apr 25, 2010, 6:44 PM   #69

Went to a parking area around my block and took some shots of my car. pro focus isn't good for blur but does make everything around it look soft for like...wedding shots. The aperture priority was fine but Didn't get the right DOF to produce the blur background due to lack of extra f-stop. Most likely need a lens adapter with proper lens to achieve this.

I tried getting my cat to drive my car around the block but due to lack of poseable thumbs, she cannot shift the gears.
I'll see If I can go with my bro to the racetrack one day and take pictures of him racing. The only problem is the people there won't let me use my camera so I never actually taken a shot of any vehicle minus the video I grabbed using my hd1000.

I'll see How I can grab some motion blur shots later on. Will be a good while.

Last edited by Cresho; Apr 25, 2010 at 6:55 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2010, 9:28 AM   #70

That pro-focus mode combines shots so if your subject moves this is what you get!
Attached Images